Veg pizza recipe described with simple step-by-step pictures – This vegetable-topped homemade pizza is simply best in taste. As we know Pizza is a classic Italian flatbread with various delicious toppings, this veg pizza is also none other than that. Whereas my today’s variation is topped with homemade pizza sauce, loads of colorful veggies, and yummy mozzarella cheese on my homemade pizza dough with oregano and basil seasonings. Though here I’ve prepared this pizza, especially for vegetarian people. However, any pizza lover can make this pizza at home. Even can make it with or without an oven. This means, can cook it in a microwave oven or those who don’t have a microwave oven, can easily make it on a gas stove on tawa(Indian skillet) or pan.
I made this veg pizza with fresh vegetables like red, yellow & green bell pepper, sweet corn, and black olives. But there is no such hard rule to use the same veggies as I used in my pizza. You can simply use any vegetables of your choice too. Though I basically use all raw vegetables in my pizza’s topping to contain the best crunch. As sautéed veggies can not be able to retain their crunch after baking.
Pizza is very common in my kitchen for long years when even I had no microwave oven. Then I used Tawa, a pan even a pressure cooker for baking my pizzas. Though as a non-vegetarian mostly chicken is a common ingredient in my all pizza recipes. But I have a good experience with vegetable pizza mainly delivered by Dominoes. That taste basically drives me to make it at home. Mostly when I have a sort of chicken in the freezer. But lots of pizza topping veggies are left in my refrigerator basket, frozen mozzarella Cheese is waiting to use & my son wants to eat a pizza.
Actually, in Bangalore most of my kid’s friends are vegetarian. And in most of their birthday parties menu, veg pizzas or burgers are very common. So when our turn come, as per my kid’s choice first time I order our favorite shop’s pizza with different veg toppings. After tasting those vegetable pizzas, my husband and I felt it really delicious and fell in love with them.
Pizza is the most popular junk food in the whole world and we just eat it to satisfy our cravings. So it has no connection with health. Then also I use lots of veggies as its toppings to make it more colorful and tasty as well.
As pizza is originally coming from authentic Italian cuisine, so to make it as perfect as them, must use all the basic ingredients they used in their recipes. As I always prepare all of my pizzas following their rules.
Such as, firstly, they use all-purpose flour or plain maida and yeast for making a soft pizza base. Secondly, their tomato-based pizza sauce. Thirdly, a generous amount of creamy mozzarella cheese. Lastly, the use of garlic, oregano(fresh or dry), and olive oil make it different from others. So get that perfect Italian flavor must follow all steps I mentioned in this recipe.
Though people who have a healthy eating habits, mostly replace maida with whole wheat flour and yeast with the baking powder & baking soda combination. Even you do the same if you don’t like to use those things or not available around. However, must use cheese in it to enjoy the stretchiness of mozzarella with its every bite. Actually, that is the main attraction of this dish. And double or extra layers of cheese can do it perfectly. But if you are worried about calories, then use just a single layer of cheese.
Initially, I used a store-bought ready-made pizza base and tomato ketchup as pizza sauce. But I always missed the taste I got in my favorite domino’s pizza. After several attempts, finally, I successfully started making my homemade pizza base and pizza sauce. So from then I never bought it from the market.
I always prepare my pizza dough with yeast, as I feel through the perfect fermentation process yeast only brings that exact fluffiness. And that fluffy dough will help you to get pizza shops like soft pizza bread. Though the taste of your pizza bread also depends on yeast’s quantity and quality too. Means a little more use of the exact quantity of yeast can spoil the taste of the bread even old unpacked yeast won’t give you a good result. That I get it from my long term experience. It’s my several times tasted full-proof recipe, so I hope every detail of this recipe will help you to get the best result.
Tips for making best vegetable pizza recipe
- Do you want to make a pizza having an authentic taste just like a pizza restaurant served, then don’t use a store-bought ready-made base? However, a ready-made pizza base is best for a quick result.
- Try to use dry active yeast from the new packet to get the best pizza dough. Once cut the packet, first sealed it properly. Then keep it in an airtight container to use later 2-3 times.
- You may simply store the rest amount of the dough in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. After first wrapping it in a cling film paper then keep it in an airtight container.
- You can make two regular size pizzas or one medium and one small or a large pizza from the same quantity I used to make my dough.
- Even you may use capsicum, mushrooms, jalapeño, cauliflower or broccoli, spinach, and tomato as the toppings of your vegetable pizzas recipe. But if you are a beginner, before using mushrooms, cauliflower and broccoli must sauté in oil with pepper and chopped garlic otherwise its smell exists.
- Though I prefer lengthwise cut vegetables for use in my pizzas, however, you may cut them as square or cubes as per your choice.
- Even for making it tastier, you may mix goat cheese with mozzarella too.
- If you don’t have oregano you can use little dry-roasted powdered carom seeds or ajwain seeds. Don’t worry it wonderfully works.
Must try this pizza recipe at home. My step-by-step detailed recipe will help you to make the same dominos-style pizza dough and pizza sauce at home with ease. Even can get the same dominos style crust on the base with a few simple steps. But don’t forget to write your valuable feedback in the comment section below.
Even you may check my Dominos Style Stuffed Garlic Bread Recipe, White Sauce Pasta Recipe, Red Sauce Pasta Recipe from my website.
You may check my Mini pizza recipe to know how to use tomato ketchup as a quick pizza sauce.
Veg pizza recipe – Veggie pizza recipe – Best homemade pizza for vegetarian
Ingredients of veg pizza
1 cup=250 ml
For making pizza dough
- 3 cup Flour/Maida
- 2 1/2 tsp Yeast
- 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1+1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2+1/2 tsp Olive oil or any vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 cup of Lukewarm water
Toppings for making vegetarian pizza
- 3-4 tbsp of Pizza sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 of Red bell pepper
- 1/4 Yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 of Capsicum
- 1/4 of Onion(Medium)
- 3/4 tsp Garlic(Grated)
- 10-12 Black Olives
- 1+1/2 tbsp Corn(Boiled)
- 3 tsp Olive oil or any vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp Chili flakes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Prep time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 19 mins
Served in: 3 hrs 19 mins
Total no. of serving: 8 pieces
Author: Moumita Paul
How to make veg pizza recipe
How to make pizza dough
- First, make the yeast ready, take 1+1/4 cup of lukewarm water with 1+1/2 tsp sugar. Stir it well.
- Then add 2+1/2 tsp of yeast into the water. Mix it well.
- Cover the bowl and keep it in a warm place in your house. As I keep it in my preheated oven.
- Keep it in a warm place for 20-25 mins to get it fermented.
- In the meantime, first, sieve 3 cups of all-purpose flour/ plain maida.
- Then keep it in a wide mixing bowl, with 3/4 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of finely chopped garlic & 2 tsp of olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Nicely mix all the ingredients with flour by using your hand.
- Once the flour gets crumbly indicates the mixing is done.
- After 20-25 mins take out the fermented yeast.
- Then gradually mix it with the flour and start kneading the dough.
- To make a soft smooth dough, knead it at least for 7-8 minutes.
- Once the kneading is done, add 1/2 tsp of oil to the top of the dough.
- Nicely grease the dough with oil to prevent it from drying.
- wrap the bowl with cling wrap or simply keep it in a big airtight container.
- Or even fully cover the dough with a kitchen towel.
- Again keep it in a warm place in your kitchen.
- Leave it to rest for 2 and 1/2 hours.
- After 2 &1/2 hours, the dough will be double or triple in size just happens in Dominoes.
- As you can see in the picture below.
- Fluffy, puffed-up pizza dough is ready.
How to prepare pizza base
- First, punch down the puffed-up dough to bring it into the initial stage.
- Punching is required to remove the extra air from the dough.
- First, sprinkle flour on the rolling board or kitchen table where you roll the dough.
- Then place the dough on the flour and knead it well first.
- Then take your baking tray.
- Grease the whole tray with little oil and sprinkle some flour all over the tray.
- When the tray gets a nice coating of flour then just turn the tray down to remove the excess flour.
- This way baking tray turned into a non-stick pan and our pizza won’t stick its bottom.
- Then little roll the dough and place it on the tray first.
- Now first dip your fingers into flour.
- Then press down the dough(with the help of fingers) to flatten it up to the edges of the tray.
- As I’ve shown the below pic.
- Make the shop like pizza base by using the finger as I did in my recipe.
- As shown in the pic below.
- However, make sure the base must get the same thickness except for its edges.
- Take a fork and prick the center of the base(apart from its edges) of the rolled pizza bread.
- Air will pass through those small pores while baking the pizza.
- Due to this method base can not be puffed up except for its edges.
- The homemade pizza base is ready.
- Now it is time to assemble the toppings one by one before baking.
How to assemble vegetable pizza
First, preheat the oven to 250 degrees C (in the convection mode) for 20 mins before starting assembling.
- First, put 3-4 tbsp of pizza sauce on the pizza base.
- Spread it all over the base with the help of a spoon or spatula.
- Then add a generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese to completely cover the base.
- Make sure the sauce can’t be visible through it.
- Here I’ve used around 250 gms of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Though you can add more or less cheese as per your need.
- Then decorate the pizza base by putting the vegetables on it one by one.
- Start assembling with three types of bell pepper, then boiled corn, black olives, and lastly, onions.
- Then first sprinkle 1/2 tsp grated or chopped garlic all over the base.
- Then sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt, 3/4 tsp oregano, and 3/4 tsp chili flakes one by one in order.
- lastly, complete the assembling by sprinkling 1 tsp of olive oil(or any vegetable oil) all over the base.
- Now it’s ready to go to the oven.
How to bake veg pizza in oven
- After 20 mins of preheating, place the pizza in the oven.
- Set the oven’s temperature to 250 degrees C(in the convection mode).
- Then set the timer from 18-19 mins.
- Just after 19 mins, veg pizza will be ready, cut it into the pie, and serve it hot.
- I’ve prepared almost the same large size pizzas as dominos India serves with 30 cm diameter.
- But you may divide the dough into two equal parts and can make two regular size pizzas.
- Now I’ll show you the same.
How to make veg pizza on a gas oven
- First, take a wide iron pan or aluminum pan, or any old nonstick pan(in good condition) as I used here.
- I used my old nonstick pan which doesn’t look good but solves my purpose.
- Then place the pan on the lowest heat of your gas oven.
- Put an iron stand in the center of the pan.
- Cover the pan for 10 mins before arranging the base with its toppings.
- Take an aluminum cake tin or cake tin base.
- As I took my 8-inch removable cake tin base.
- Then grease the cake tin base with oil and dust with flour. As I did to prepare the baking tray.
- Then roll the dough and place it in the cake tin or cake tin’s base.
- Flat the dough(with fingertips as before).
- Then makes the pores with a fork.
- Get the base ready by arranging its topping in the same order applied before in this recipe.
- Start assembling by spreading 2 tbsp sauce(click here for homemade pizza sauce recipe) on the base.
- Then one by one sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese, and the veggies.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp chopped garlic, 1/4 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp chili flakes, and a little salt.
- Finish assembling by sprinkling 1/2 tsp of olive oil(or vegetable oil) on it.
- After 10 mins, when the pan gets hot then remove the cover first.
- Then carefully place the cake tin or can tin’s base on the stand.
- Even you may use a spatula to place the cake tin base.
- Or use a tong for placing the cake tin on the stand, as the pan is too hot.
- Bake the pizza on the lowest flame of the gas oven.
- Cover the pan with a tight lid.
- It will take 30 mins to get nicely baked pizza in a gas oven.
- Pizza is ready, just make its slice and enjoy it.
- Even before eating, sprinkle some chili flakes, oregano(roasted & crushed), and pepper over this veg pizza.