Today we’ll learn to make authentic veg pizza recipe at home with step by step pictures. This is the best homemade pizza with loads of vegetables and creamy cheese, specially made for vegetarian people. It’s a special baked Italian flatbread topped with pizza sauce, fresh veggies, yummy mozzarella cheese, and Italian dressings.
I started making pizza long years back even before my kid’s born when I had no microwave oven at my home. Even then I used my tawa, pan even pressure cooker too for making it on the gas oven. From then pizza is very common in my kitchen with different types of toppings. Though as a non-vegetarian mostly chicken is a common ingredient of my all pizza recipes. But I started making this vegetable pizza, especially on my kid’s demand.
Actually, in Bangalore most of my kid’s friends are vegetarian and veg pizza or burger is a commonly served food in almost all birthday parties menu. So when our turns come, as per my kid’s choice I mostly arrange our favorite shop’s pizza with different veg toppings. After tasted those vegetable pizzas, with my son, my husband I simply fell in love with them.
Pizza is a worldwide most popular name among junk foods and we just eat it to satisfy our cravings, so it has no connection with our health. Then also I use lots of veggies as the toppings of my pizza like different types of bell peppers, boiled sweet corn, onion, black olives to make it more colorful and tasty as well. However, you may simply use veggies of your choice.
Pizza is originally coming from authentic Italian cuisine and they have few basic ingredients which make this recipe special. Like, Firstly, they use all-purpose flour or plain maida and yeast for making a soft pizza base. Secondly, their tomato-based pizza sauce. Thirdly, a generous amount of creamy mozzarella cheese. Lastly sprinkle of garlic, oregano(fresh or dry), and olive oil makes it different from others. So get that perfect Italian flavor we need to follow their steps as I did in my veg pizza recipe.
But you may replace maida with whole wheat flour or yeast with baking powder and baking soda if you don’t like to use those things or not available around. However, must use cheese in your pizza as with every bite you can enjoy the stretchiness of mozzarella which is the main attraction of this dish. Though double or extra cheese layers only can create that feeling. But if you worried about calories then you can go with a single layer of cheese too.
Initially, I used a store-bought pizza base and tomato ketchup as pizza sauce. But I always missed the taste I got in my favorite domino’s pizza. After several attempts, finally, I successfully started making my homemade pizza base and pizza sauce. From then I never bought it from the market.
I always prepare my pizza dough with yeast, as I feel through the perfect fermentation process yeast only brings that exact fluffiness. And that fluffy dough will help you to get pizza shops like soft pizza bread. Though the taste of your pizza bread also depends on yeast’s quantity and quality too. Means a little more use of the exact quantity of yeast can spoil the taste of the bread even old unpacked yeast won’t give you a good result. I get it from my long term experience and my several times tasted full proof recipe, so I hope every detail will help you to get the best result.
Tips for making best homemade vegetable pizza recipe
- Make your own pizza base at home as with store-bought ready-made base you’ll never get that authentic taste like the restaurant.
- Try to use dry active yeast from the new packet to get the best pizza dough. Once cut the packet, first sealed it properly. Then keep it in an airtight container to use it later for 2-3 times.
- You may store the rest amount of dough in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. After first wrapping it in a cling film paper then keep it in an airtight container.
- You can make two regular size pizzas or one medium and one small or a large pizza from the same quantity I used to make my dough.
- It’s not mandatory to use the same veggies that I’ve used in my pizzas. Even you may use capsicum, mushrooms, jalapeño, cauliflower or broccoli, spinach, tomato as the toppings of your vegetable pizzas. But if you a beginner, before using mushroom, cauliflower and broccoli must sauté in oil with pepper and chopped garlic otherwise its smell exists.
- Though I prefer lengthwise cut vegetables for using in my pizzas, however, you may cut it as square or cubes as per your choice.
- Must use all raw vegetables( except the corn) in your pizza to feel its crunch as sautéed veggies might get soggy after baking.
- Even for making it tastier, you may mix goat cheese with mozzarella too.
- If you don’t have oregano you can use little dry-roasted powdered carom seeds or ajwain seeds. Don’t worry it wonderfully works.
Try this easy homemade pizza in your kitchen to serve it as dinner or as an appetizer and share your valuable feedback in the comment section below.
You may check my Mini pizza recipe to know how to use tomato ketchup as a quick pizza sauce and how to make dominos style Italian seasoning at home. Or even you may go to my Homemade pizza sauce recipe to give it an original touch.
veg pizza recipe | authentic best homemade vegetarian pizza
Prep time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 19 mins
Served in: 3 hrs 19 mins
Total no. of serving : 8 pieces
Author: Moumita Paul
Ingredients of veg pizza
1 cup=250 ml
For making pizza dough
- 3 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp olive oil or refined oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup of lukewarm water
Toppings for making vegetarian pizza
- 1/4 of red bell pepper
- 1/4 of yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 of capsicum
- 1/4 of a medium-sized onion
- 10-12 black olives
- 1 1/2 tbsp corn(boiled)
- mozzarella cheese(as required)
- 3/4 tsp grated garlic
- 3 tsp olive oil or refined oil
- 3/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
How to make authentic veg pizza at home with step by step pictures
How to make pizza’s dough
- First, makes ready the yeast. Take a bowl with 1 1/4 cup (or one and one-fourth cup) of lukewarm water, add 1 1/2 tsp sugar, stir it well.
- Then add 2 1/2 tsp( or two and a half tsp) of yeast into the water, mix it well, cover it and keep it in a warm place in your house. As I keep it in my preheated oven. Keep it there for 20-25 mins to get it fermented.
- In the meantime, first, sieve three cups of all-purpose flour or plain flour, then keep it in a wide mouth mixing bowl, with 3/4 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of finely chopped garlic, and 2 tsp of olive oil or refined oil.
- Nicely mix all the ingredients with flour by using your hand, when the flour gets crumbly indicates the mixing is done.
- After 20-25 mins take out the fermented yeast from the and gradually mix it with the flour and start kneading the dough.
- To make a soft smooth dough, knead it at least for 7-8 minutes.
- Once the kneading is done, add 1/2 tsp of oil on the top of the dough and nicely grease it foo prevent it from drying.
- wrap the bowl with cling film paper or simply keep it in a big airtight container. Or even fully cover the dough with a kitchen towel.
- Again keep it in a warm place of your kitchen. leave it to rest for 2 and 1/2 hours. After 2 &1/2 hours, the dough will be double or triple in size. As you can see in this picture. Domino’s style of homemade pizza dough is ready.
How to prepare pizza’s base
- When the dough got fermented and puffed up, then first punch down the dough to bring it in the initial stage as because of punching air will be removed from the dough.
- Then first sprinkle flour on the rolling board or kitchen table where you will roll the dough. Then place the dough and knead it well.
- Then take your baking tray, grease the whole tray with little oil and sprinkle some flour all over the tray. When the tray gets a nice coating of flour then just turn the tray down to remove the excess flour. This way we can turn our baking to a non-stick pan and our pizza won’t stick to the bottom of the tray.
- Then little roll the dough and place it to the tray first.
- Then first dip your fingers into flour and make the dough flat up to the edges of the tray by pressing it down with the help of your fingers. As I’ve shown in the below pic.
- Make the shop like pizza base by using the finger as I did in my recipe. As shown in the pic below. And make sure the base must get the same thickness except for its edges.
- Then take a fork, apart from its edges or sides start pricking the whole base or center of the rolled pizza bread. Air will pass through those small wholes or pores and due to applying this method base can not be puffed up except its edges.
- The homemade pizza base is ready, now its time to assemble the toppings one by one before baking.
How to assemble veggie pizza
First, preheat your oven on 250 degrees celsius of the convection mode of your oven for 20 mins before start assembling.
- First, put 3-4 tbsp of pizza sauce on the homemade base and spread all over it with the help of a spoon or spatula.
- Then add a generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese and completely cover the base. Make sure the sauce can’t be visible through it. Here I’ve used around 250 gms of shredded mozzarella cheese. Though you can add more or less cheese as per your need.
- Then decorate the pizza base by putting the vegetables on it one by one, start with three types of bell pepper, then boiled corn, black olives, and lastly, onions.
- Then first sprinkle 1/2 tsp grated or chopped garlic all over the base.
- Then sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt, 3/4 tsp oregano, and 3/4 tsp chili flakes one by one in order.
- lastly, complete the assembling by sprinkling 1 tsp of olive oil all over the base. Now it’s ready to go to the oven.
How to bake veg pizza in oven
- When the preheating is done, your oven will start making a beep sound and get automatically stopped after 20 mins.
- So after 20 mins of preheating, place the pizza in the oven. Set again the oven’s temperature at 250 degrees Celsius of the convection mode. Then set the timer from 18-19 mins.
- Just after 19 mins, your veg pizza will be ready, cut it in the pie, and serve it hot.
How to make pizza on gas oven
I’ve prepared almost the same large size pizzas as dominos India serves with 30 cm diameter. But you may divide the dough into two parts and can make two regular size pizza too in your kitchen. Now I’ll show you the same.
- First, take a wide iron pan or aluminum pan (but don’t use any nonstick pan which is in good condition). I used my old nonstick pan that doesn’t look good but solving my purpose. Then place the pan on the lowest heat of your gas oven by putting an iron stand in it. Cover the pan for 10 mins before arranging the base with its toppings.
- Take an aluminum cake tin or cake tin base as I took my 8-inch removable cake tin base. Then the same way grease the cake tin base with oil then dust with flour as I said before.
- Then roll the dough and place it in the cake tin or cake tin’s base. Then with the same process flat the dough and then make the pores with a fork.
- Get the base ready by arranging its topping in the same order applied before in this recipe. Start assembling by spreading 2 tbsp sauce(click here for homemade pizza sauce recipe) on the base. Then one by one sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese, and add the veggies.
- Lastly, sprinkle 1/4 tsp chopped garlic, 1/4 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp chili flakes, a little salt, and finish it by sprinkling 1/2 tsp of olive oil on it.
- After 10 mins, when the pan gets hot then remove its cover and then carefully place the cake tin or can tin’s base on the stand. Even you may use a spatula to place the cake tin base. Or use a tong for placing the cake tin on the stand, as the pan is too hot.
- Then bake it in a gas oven on the lowest flame by cover the pan with a tight lid. It will take 30 mins to get nicely baked in a gas oven.
- After 30 mins, pizza will be ready, just make its slice and enjoy it. Even you may sprinkle some seasoning like chili flakes and roasted and crushed oregano and pepper.