Veg fried rice recipe with step by step pics – veg fried rice is basically a garlic-flavored chinese stir-fried rice with vegetables, soya sauce, and white vinegar. The wonderful aroma which comes from putting garlic in the hot oil at the beginning adds an extra flavor and taste to this vegetable fried rice. This veg fried rice or stir-fried rice taste like authentic chinese restaurant and common in my home with any chinese style veg or non-veg gravy.
Veg fried rice is a quick stir recipe of chinese culinary and it can be easily prepared with some veggies and leftover rice too. In China people basically, place a wok or deep frying pan on the high flame and make a quick stir of veggies in hot oil with different Chinese sauce and then gently mix it up with the pre-cooked rice, by stirring or tossing, for making this vegetable fried rice recipe.
As rice is a food staple in all Asian countries, so this fried rice recipe was easily acceptable by the people of Asia from the beginning. Then slowly it creates its magic all over the world. Though in India, we generally prepare almost all Chinese recipes with an Indian touch, to satisfy our own(Indian) tastebuds, and that’s called Indochinese recipes.
Apart from some authentic Chinese restaurants, Indochinese foods are almost available everywhere in India. Especially the street food vendors serve their own version of Indochinese recipes in the name of Chinese food. Generally, when we plan for a lunch or dinner in a Chinese restaurant, we must order fried rice or noodles as the main course with gravy along with some starters. But if we get the same restaurant style veg fried rice at home, nothing can be better than that, right?
Today I prepared this veg fried rice recipe to relish it with my chilli prawns. In this stir-fried vegetable rice, I tried to maintain the same procedure and keep the same taste by following the style of the Chinese restaurant. Only I’ve made a little change by using refined oil and basmati rice instead of sesame oil and long grain rice for making this recipe.
For making this chinese veg fried rice recipe, perfectly cooked rice is an important ingredient, so here, I’ve also disclosed how to cook perfect rice for your convenience. I’ve used carrot, beans, capsicum or green bell pepper, spring onion and green chillies with some chopped garlic as veggies. Where sprinkle of black pepper and salt with few teaspoons of soya sauce and vinegar turned this recipe to be an authentic Chinese style vegetable fried rice. So please stay with me till the end to know each and every detail of this recipe.
other similar recipes from my website
Veg fried rice recipe | Chinese fried rice recipe
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Served in: 30 mins
Course: Main course
Served for: 5-6 people
Author: Moumita Paul
Ingredients of veg fried rice
For making rice
- 1 1/2 cup basmati rice / long grain rice
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp salt
For stir fry the rice with
- 1/2 cup carrot ( cut into small cubes or julienne cut)
- 1/2 cup beans ( cut into bias)
- 1/2 cup spring onion ( finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup capsicum or green bell pepper(cut into julienne)
- 1 green chilli (cut into bias)
- 2 tsp garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp soya sauce
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper or white pepper (grounded or crushed)
- a handful of spring onion leaves(finely chopped)
- 2tbsp refined oil or sesame oil
- salt(as required)
How to make veg fried rice recipe with step by step pictures
How to cook the perfect rice for this recipe
- First take 1 1/2 cup of rice thoroughly rinse it with water for 4-5 times, then soak it in a bowl with fresh water for at least 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, take a wide vessel with 4 cups of water and put it on the high flame. And add 1 tsp oil and 1/2 tsp of salt to it. Salt will help to quickly reach the boiling temperature.
- Once the water will start boiling, then strain the water from the soaked rice and add it in the boiling water.
- Let the rice boil at high temperature and cook the rice up to 80 percent.
- Check the grain of rice by pressing it with the fingers and the rice should get flat, not mashed. As shown in the pics.
- Drain the starch from the rice immediately through a strainer or your own way to strain the rice for removing its starch.
- Then spread the rice on the large plates and place it in the air to prevent it from overcooking due to its inner heat.
- Once it cools down, keep it in a large bowl and cover it. And keep it aside for using later.
How to make veg fried rice
- Now take a deep frying pan or wok, place it on high heat, let the pan gets hot, add 2 tbsp of oil in it.
- Then add 2 tsp chopped garlic in the pan and sauté it for 30 secs.
- When the aroma comes from the garlic, add 1/2 cup of beans(cut into bias) in the pan(as shown in the pic), stir it nicely.
- Then add 1/2 cup of carrots(cut into small cubes) in the pan and sauté it for few secs.
- After that, add 1/2 cup of julienne cut capsicum in the pan as shown in the pic.
- Then add biased cut green chilli to it, stir it nicely. And then add 1/2 cup of finely chopped spring onion to it. Sauté it well.
- Then add 1 1/2 tsp of soya sauce and 2 tsp of vinegar to it as shown in the pic. Stir it well for 30 secs.
- When the raw smell of soya sauce goes off, add the pre-cooked rice to the pan and stir or toss it well. Mix the rice gently to prevent it from breaking the grains of rice.
- Now sprinkle 1/2 tsp black pepper or white pepper and salt(as per taste) from the top and mix it nicely by tossing or stirring. Stir fry the rice for 3-4 mins.
- Lastly, add, a handful of finely chopped spring onion leaves from the top and mix it gently and turn off the flame.
- veg fried rice is ready to serve, serve it with any Chinese or Indochinese gravy.
Try this restaurant style veg fried rice recipe at home and please let me know your valuable feedback by writing it down in the comment section below.
- While cooking the rice, always be there. Don’t overcook the rice as that won’t give you the perfect taste like Chinese restaurant.
- You may add 1 tbsp oil while boiling the rice. It will help to keep every grain separated from each other.
- While cooking every ingredient should get ready in front of you. As we have to maintain the high heat from the beginning to the end. The vegetables should be crunchy after cooking.
- Even you can prepare this recipe with leftover rice too.