sweet corn soup recipe or corn soup with vegetables or creamy corn soup made for kids with step by step pictures. Are you searching for the most healthy and creamy soup mainly prepared with fresh corn and veggies? Then you must try it. This homemade soup is easy to make with maize or corn and fresh vegetables like carrot, beans, and spring onion. It is healthy and delicious at the same time so your kid and family must love it. Especially it’s so pleasing when in wintertime a bowl of this piping hot soup is served at the dinner table.
I basically prepare this sweet corn soup for my kid with lots of vegetables. Even I’ve not made it like Indo-Chinese restaurant-style soup where different types of chinese sauce or vinegar are used. Instead, it’s a simply delicious Indian soup where only a little spring onion and corn flour are used for cooking as common ingredients.
No definition is required, basically a single sip of this piping-hot sweet corn soup easy enough to describe this recipe. Though it’s a wholesome meal so no accompaniment is needed with it, if requires then dumplings can be a better choice than rice or noddles.
For making this veg corn soup I’ve used fresh corn kernels and some assorted veggies like carrot, beans, chopped ginger, garlic, and spring onion. I also used milk and cornflour in it. You may use any kind of vegetables too. Even you can add little spinach or any leafy green vegetables with it.
Sweet corn is my kid’s favorite vegetable and on his demand, I have to make many recipes with corn like soups, starters, and many more. Especially in winter, I must prepare such veg and non-veg soups to keep him away from fever or throat pain due to cold and cough.
If you wish to prepare this corn soup for small kids then don’t use corn paste and cornflour in it and cook it in very little oil and butter. Even then after boiling, you must strain it to remove the vegetables and corn kernels from it. Or even you may use baby corn too instead of sweet corn kernels. Mainly collect the broth and serve it as a clear soup with a little pepper. Though to make it a little thick and tastier you may use mashed potato with it. But I must suggest before giving it to your babies must consult with your doctor.
Till now I was discussing the veg version of this soup but I also have a tip for fitness freak people. Like they may add small chicken pieces in it after little saute or a quick tossing in a very little oil.
How to make corn soup in the pressure cooker?
For making this sweet corn soup in the pressure cooker use the same process until the creamy puree is sauteed well. After that just add the water and cover the lid of the cooker and wait for one whistle on medium flame. When the pressure automatically comes out then add milk and cornflour as I described in this recipe. Then boil it for a few minutes to quickly make it at home.
Must prepare this creamy sweet corn soup for your kids on any cold day and they surely love it. Let me know your valuable feedback by writing it down in the comment section.
You may try one more soup recipe from my website
Even you may try my chinese style veg fried rice recipe after this soup.
Sweet corn soup recipe | corn soup with vegetables | creamy corn soup for kids
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Served for: 4 people
Author: Moumita Paul
Ingredients of sweet corn soup
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 cup carrot
- 1/4 cup beans
- 3/4 tsp ginger(finely chopped)
- 3/4 tsp garlic(finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp spring onion
- 2 1/2 tbsp of milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- water(as required)
- 3-4 tsp oil
- 2 small cubes of butter(optional)
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- salt(as needed)
How to make sweet corn soup recipe with step by step pictures
- First, take 1/2 cup of sweet corn to wash it properly then grind it by adding 3-4 tbsp of water. Make a smooth paste of it.
- Then strain the creamy paste to separate the creamed part of sweet corn from the unwanted corn skins. Keep it aside for later use.
- Now take the pan and heat it up on medium. First, add 3-4 tsp of vegetable oil in the pan. Then add chopped garlic, ginger, and spring onion to it one by one.
- Sauté it for 1 min, add 1/4 cup of small carrot cubes. Then add 1/4 cup of finely chopped beans to the pan. Sauté the veggies for 1-2 mins.
- Then add salt and pepper to the veggies and sauté it well for 1 more min.
- Next, add the creamy strained sweet corn puree to the pan and stir it well.
- Till 2 mins cook it by stirring well. After sometimes the mixture of veggies and corn puree will get well sauteed and little dry means the moisture will little evaporate. Then add water.
- After adding 3 1/2 cups of water, add the left 1/2 cup of corn to the pan. Let the water boil.
- When it starts boiling then cover the pan with a lid and boil it for 10 mins on medium flame.
- After 10 mins, remove the lid and add 2 1/2 tbsp milk and again let it boil for few mins. Even you may add little sugar(as per your taste) instead of milk if you wish to.
- Then take a bowl with 3-4 tbsp of water by adding one and a half tbsp of cornflour to it. Mix it well. Add that lump-free cornflour mix to the pan and mix it well with the soup.
- Let the soup boil for 1-2 mins. Check the consistency of this soup and add a little salt if requires. Then turn off the heat.
- After turning off the heat, lastly add two small cubes of butter(optional) and let it melt down in the soup.
- Lastly, serve this soup hot by sprinkling some spring onion and crushed white pepper from the top.
- The first condition for making this sweet corn recipe is you just have to choose the soft corn kernels. To ensure its softness must press one kernel with your nail. Then you can notice your nail easily pierce the kernel and white milk is coming out from it.
- If you won’t get the soft kernels then remove the kernels from the cob. And put it in a pressure cooker, after 1 whistle in slow heat kernels will be boiled and get soft.
- Must strain the corn puree by adding little water to remove the unwanted skins to get the cream of corn. If you are searching for the cream of corn style soup recipe then make a puree of total 1 cup corn and must strain before adding in the soup.
- I’ve added little milk while making this soup. Otherwise, it tastes bland actually people generally add sugar to balance its taste. But I prefer to use milk instead of using sugar as milk is more healthy and has fewer calories.