Stuffed garlic bread recipe – this delicious cheese-filled garlic loaf was first introduced by Dominos with their Italian seasonings. This Dominos special cheesy garlic bread got huge popularity in India for its delicious flavor and melted mozzarella stuffing. It is a perfect appetizer of Dominos and high on demand after their pizzas. In this recipe, most interestingly I love the way they cut this cheese-stuffed bread before serving like breadsticks, so while we pull the bread apart, the creamy mozzarella comes out through its open sides.
Though this cheese-stuffed garlic bread is a veg preparation of dominos but with its appearance and taste, it simply won everyone’s heart. Garlic and butter are the main ingredients of all garlic bread recipes. But this stuffed garlic bread recipe is unique for its tasty stuffing like corn, mozzarella cheese, and jalapeño.
My family and I fell in love with this yummy cheesy garlic bread like others. This stuffy garlic bread tastes awesome when served with creamy cheesy dips. Though mayonnaise is not the bad option to go well with it, as I serve it in the same manner while making it in my kitchen. Even then I simply enjoy the stretchiness of mozzarella too with its every single bite without thinking about my calorie consumption.
I started to make it at home for my little one’s continuous demand for it. Though I love it too, for my kid, instead of ordering, I decided to prepare this cheese stuffing garlic bread in my oven. And I started making it in my way. This is the fourth time when I’m making this Dominos-style stuffed garlic bread recipe. Always it turned out delicious from the beginning, so this time I decided to post this full-proof recipe. I hope it’ll remind you of the taste of the original one.
Even this cheesy garlic bread looks different from the other common garlic bread or any other stuffed bread or buns. Rather this flatbread looks like a half-moon. Because for making this stuffed garlic bread recipe, we have to go through two steps preparation methods before baking. The first step is the dough-making part which is almost the same as the regular garlic bread recipe. But the second part is totally different when the bread will be rolling down like Indian bread and filled with its stuffing.
In dominos, they rolled the bread with cornmeal or maize flour though you may use flour too. But to get the shop-like brown texture you must use cornmeal. Cornmeal is not always available everywhere so in my tips section, I’ve shared how to make cornmeal so easily at home.
This garlic-flavored stuffed bread needs very simple ingredients for making the dough i.e, all-purpose flour, milk, yeast(powdered or globules), lots of crushed or chopped garlic cloves, butter, oregano, crushed pepper, chili flakes, sweet and salt to taste.
For stuffing, I used boiled sweet corn and mozzarella cheese. If you’re nonvegetarian then I may suggest using chicken pepperoni or bacon sausage in its stuffing, as that goes awesome too. And for seasoning must use crushed oregano, pepper and chili flakes with salt even you may add basil too.
You may try my other Italian recipes which will be a perfect accompaniment of this bread
Try this recipe at home and let me know your valuable feedback by writing it down in the comment section below.
Stuffed garlic bread recipe | Dominos cheesy garlic bread
Prep time: 25 mins
Baking time: 20 mins
Total time: 45 mins
No of servings: 4 people
Author: Moumita Paul
Ingredients of stuffed garlic bread
(1 cup =250ml)
For making dough
- 1/2 cup milk or lukewarm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp garlic (chopped)
- 1 tsp oregano (crushed)
- 1/4 tsp crushed pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil or refined oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
For garlic butter
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- mozzarella cheese(as required)
- 2-3 tbsp sweet corn(boiled)
- chili flakes(as per taste)
How to make stuffed garlic bread recipe
- First, take 1/2 cup lukewarm milk or water, add 1 tsp sugar to it and stir it well.
- Then add 1 tsp dry active yeast to it. Stir it too to mix the yeast with water or milk. Then cover it and keep it in a warm place for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, the yeast will start fermenting and bubbles or froth will appear on its top.
- Within this 10 mins, First, make ready the all-purpose flour by sifting it through a strainer and put it in a mixing bowl.
- Then add 1 1/4 tsp chopped garlic, 1 tsp crushed oregano, 1/4 tsp crushed pepper, 1 1/2 tbsp melted butter and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Mix it well together with your fingertips. Don’t leave any lump behind.
- Now start pouring the fermented yeast to the flour mix to 2-3 batches. And start kneading the dough. Don’t add the total yeast mixture at the beginning.
- The dough will be sticky first and it will stick to the bowl. As shown in the picture.
- Knead it for 7-8 mins or till it is not sticking to the bowl.
- When the dough will be ready then add 1 1/2 tsp of olive oil or refined oil and knead it for 1 more min.
- Then cover the bowl with cling film to make it airtight or cover the dough with a wet kitchen towel. And keep it in a warm place at least for 2 hrs. I kept it in my preheated oven.
- When the dough is kept for fermentation at that time prepare the garlic butter by taking 3 tsp chopped garlic, 4 tbsp melted butter in a bowl with 1 1/2 tsp crushed oregano, 1/4 tsp pepper, and 1/4tsp salt. Mix it well and keep it aside for using it later.
- After 2 hrs the dough will be almost double in size, then take it out from the warm place or oven.
- And start to preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius temperature for 20 mins.
How to make stuffed garlic bread
- While the oven is preheating make the dough ready for baking. First, punch the dough down for 5-6 times to remove the air.
- Then keep it on a kitchen table and knead it for 30 secs and turn the kneaded dough to a ball. And place the ball on the table after sprinkle some flour or cornmeal.
- Then start rolling the dough. Turn the dough into a flat dough with the same thickness from each side as shown in the picture. Here I have shown flour adding rolling and cornmeal added rolling.
- First greased well the rolled dough with the garlic butter. Even you may sprinkle some chili flakes too if you wish.
- Then first put a generous amount of mozzarella cheese on the half portion of the flat dough. Here I used 10-12 tbsp of shredded mozzarella, you may use as per your taste.
- After adding cheese, add the 2-3 tbsp of boiled sweet corn for the top.
- Lastly, sprinkle some chili flakes on the filling before folding the flatbread dough.
- Then fold the flatbread and perfectly join its ends. The joined should not open during baking so to make sure slightly press down the closed ends with your thumb finger. As shown in the pic.
- Now take the baking tray and grease it with some garlic butter and sprinkle some chili flakes too.
- Then place the stuffed bread on that greased tray first.
- Grease the whole surface of the bread very well with the left garlic butter and then again sprinkle chili flakes all over it.
- Then only make the cut marks like breadsticks on its surface with a cutter or knife but don’t cut it. As shown in the pic.
- When the preheating is completed the place the baking tray with stuffed bread dough in the oven. And bake it for 20 mins on 180 degrees Celsius temperature.
- After 20 mins of baking the stuffed garlic bread will be ready. Cut it like breadsticks filling the cut marks which was made before baking. Serve it with any cheesy dip or mayonnaise.
- Use the fresh unpacked dry active yeast for the best result. Using the old one may not help to raise the dough properly.
- If you don’t have maize flour or cornmeal then you may ground a cup of unflavoured cornflakes and your homemade maize flour or corn flakes will be ready.
- Grease the baking tray with garlic butter before placing the stuffed dough to make the bottom buttery and flavourful too.
- only make the cut marks on its surface, don’t cut actually before baking otherwise the cheese will come out through the cuts while baking.
- Time management is very important in this busy life so to save the time I’ve used some tricks you may follow that too.
6 thoughts on “Stuffed garlic bread recipe | Dominos cheesy garlic bread”
Awesome recipe.. very simple and well explained.. everyone loved the garlic bread ❤️
Thank you so much, Nivedita…really happy to hear you😊😊😊
Recipe was nice and easy. It would be better if you mention the 2 hr setting aside of dough before in the recipe. Anyways loved the bread and recipe ❤️
Thank you so much Alefiya Shabbir Bhiwandiwala…Thanks for your suggestion… Though I’ve mentioned it in my instruction part, I’ll surely mention it at the beginning too.
Thanks. It turned out well.
Thank you, Ms.Sayoni Dutta