vanilla chocolate chip ice cream recipe with step by step picture format. As I promised earlier, I will come back soon with my vanilla choco chip ice cream, so here is the post of my no eggs chocolate chip ice cream recipe. And vanilla ice cream is itself not as strong in flavor and taste wise delicious. So, you can easily use vanilla ice cream as a base of your different flavored ice cream.
Gelato’s vanilla choco chip ice cream is my favorite and that is the best choco chip ice cream I ever had. Especially with every single bite, that crunch of choco chips inside creamy vanilla ice cream just takes me to heaven. Hope, you must imagine, behind this post, my attraction towards that gelato version choco chip ice cream actually worked and influenced me a lot.
But, today I’m not going to post gelato’s ice cream recipe, instead will make my version of no eggs vanilla chocolate chip ice cream recipe without ice cream maker.
You might have noticed my last post on ice cream,” no eggs mango ice cream at home (without ice cream maker)“, where I have mentioned about my homemade eggless custard for the ice cream. And that is the base of this ice cream recipe too. Only the quantity of sugar has been changed as we are not adding any sugar combined puree in it like my mango ice cream recipe.
So we need only three ingredients for making this homemade ice cream, the homemade eggless custard, chocolate chips, and the most important vanilla extract. It’s really very easy to prepare.
Please let me know how this no eggs vanilla chocolate chip ice cream recipe works in your kitchen and leave a comment in the comment box below.
vanilla chocolate chip ice cream recipe without ice cream maker
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup whipped cream
- 100 gms powdered milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chip
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15-20 mins
Served in:8-10 hrs
Served for: 6 people
How to make vanilla chocolate chip ice cream recipe without ice cream maker step by step with pictures
Homemade eggless custard for this ice cream:
- First, boil the milk and then cool it down completely.
- Take all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, powdered milk, corn flour, and the powdered sugar.
- Now take 1/2 cup of milk and mix all the dry ingredients with the milk, mix it together nicely that lumps should not form. Then mix it with the rest amount of milk(1/2 cup milk).
- Place it on a low flame and keep stirring continuously, it has a tendency to get thicken quickly. So after 3-4 mins when it will start to form the lumps, turn off the heat.
- Slightly cool it down by stirring continuously and strain it through a strainer to get the lump free smooth texture.
- Now add whipping cream in this smooth mixture, and mix it nicely.
- The homemade custard or base of this chocolate chip ice cream is ready.
- Now take a bowl, place the custard in it and put a cling film or plastic wrap on its (bowl)mouth to make it airtight.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 30-45 mins to set the custard nicely.
How to make vanilla chocolate chip ice cream without an ice cream maker:
- After 30-45 mins take out the cold and nicely set custard from the refrigerator. Now add vanilla extract in this homemade custard and fold it nicely with a spatula.
- Now take the electric beater, start beating with medium speed for 2-3 mins then beat it at high speed for about 8-10 mins.
- Then add 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in the well-beaten ice cream mix and again beat it for 2 mins at medium speed.
- Now place the ice cream mix in an airtight container.
- Then again place a cling film directly on the top of your ice cream mix to prevent it from ice crystallization.
- Close the lid of your airtight container. Refrigerate it overnight(in maximum cooling temperature).
- Next day morning take it out from the fridge and beat it nicely once again for about 8-10mins.
- Now add the rest of chocolate chips and fold it gently with a spatula. keep the surface flat with a spatula.
- And again place the plastic wrap on the top of the ice cream mix.
- Then cover the container again with its lid and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving it.
- Your vanilla choco chip ice cream is ready to serve. You can have it with or without any ice cream sauce of your choice. And can sprinkle few choco chips on the top while serving.
- At least beat the ice cream twice as I mentioned above. That is required to get the creamy consistency of this ice cream recipe.
- If you are using fresh cream instead of whipping cream and using a blender instead of an electric beater, then I already shared the tricks related to your requirements in my mango ice cream recipe(without ice cream maker).
- while using a blender instead of a beater, must remember more blend of ice cream mix with the choco chip will turn into chocolate flavored ice cream. So blend it first only with homemade custard and vanilla extract, later add the chocolate chip in it and blend it for few 30 secs. And the rest of the procedure is the same.