Tricolor sweet Barfi – Independence Day special is an instant sweet dish idea where artificial color has not been used to keep it as pure as our heart, over the emotion of our Independence Day. I believe every citizen of that particular nation has the same emotional feeling over their motherland as we feel. As this is my first blog post over Independence Day celebration so I decided to share a sweet recipe and to be a proud Indian nothing can’t be a better idea than a tricolor sweet recipe on this auspicious day.
15th August 1947 India was declared as an independent nation so every year 15th August we celebrate our independence day. As we all know this year we are going to celebrate our 71 years of Independence and this Independence came to us through the unbelievable struggle of lots of people over decades. The respected freedom fighters who are known to us and many more freedom fighters who are not even popular, we salute all of them for their true passion and dedication for the motherland. And my great salute to all of our Indian soldiers(our real-life heroes) who are still protecting our motherland against their life and serving our nation in any circumstances. And I really pay respect, to those mothers who gave birth to these brave sons or daughters and to all the members of those national heroes and real-life heroes family for their sacrifice to the motherland.
These three colors of this tricolor sweet barfi signify the three colors of our national flag i.e, saffron, white and green. Whereas saffron indicates courage, strength, and sacrifice, white means pure, peace and truth and green is indicating the growth and development of this nation. As this is an instant sweet with milk powder. And all the colors came from the natural ways, i.e, this bright saffron color came by mixing some carrot juice with a portion of sweet, this white color automatically comes from the mix of milk powder and condensed milk with a little addition of milk and the green color comes from the use of pistachios. I’ve used little ghee or clarified butter and green cardamom powder for flavoring.
And I have used cloves in the middle to make it more prominent. Though it looks like our national flag as I’ve used a diamond shape mould or mold as shown in the pic. Its actually an instant tricolor barfi(a diamond shaped sweet). Or even you can call it as diamond shape tricolored instant peda.
Happy Independence Day to all of you my friends, let’s pray for more peace and the growth of our nation.
You can also check my doodh peda or milk peda recipe and malpua recipe for Sri Krishna Janmashtami. Even you can check Ganesh Chaturthi special Modak recipe one more dessert recipe with condensed milk,i.e, gajar ka halwa with milkmaid.
Please let me know how this tricolor sweet barfi spreads love to your home and leave a comment in the comment box below.
Tricolour Sweet Barfi Recipe- Independence Day Special
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 medium carrot
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 20-25 gms pistachios( without shell)
- 2 tbsp ghee or clarified butter
- 3/4 tsp green cardamom powder
- Few cloves(without its buds)
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Served in: 20 mins
Course: sweet/ dessert
Served for: 12-14
- Before 30 minutes to start making this tricolor sweet barfi, take pistachios, wash it and then soak it in water for easily removing its skin. Let it soak for some time and prepare the other things.
- Wash the carrot, peel it out. Now either grate it with a grater or cut into small pieces and put in the small blender jar with 2-3 tbsp of water. And make a smooth paste. Strain it through a strainer and keep the juice aside for using later.
- Now remove the skin of pistachios, if it nicely soaked then don’t need to put much effort to remove the skin. Just rub its skin with the fingers to remove it.
- Take the small blender jar and put the skin out pistachios to it with little water and blend it nicely to get a green smooth texture.
- Take three mixing bowls, in each bowl, put 1/3 cup of milk powder and 1/4 cup of condensed milk. Mix it nicely.
How to make the white portion of the tricolor sweet Barfi:
- Now take a pan, place it on medium heat, add one portion of milk powder- condensed milk mixture to it, then add 3-4 tbsp milk. Add 1 tsp ghee to it and stir it continuously.
- First, the mix will melt down and blend it nicely with the milk and ghee.
- Then slowly it will start to get thicken. And when it will start to release the bottom of the pan, turn off the heat.
- Grease a plate with little ghee and place the white colored dough on the plate. And add 1/4 tsp cardamom powder to it(to retain the flavor till the end) and mix it nicely with a spatula.
How to make the saffron color portion of this tricolor sweet Barfi:
- Take the same pan, place it on medium heat, add another portion of milk powder- condensed milk mixture. And then pour the carrot juice into it. Then add 1tsp ghee to it. Stir it continuously.
- The process of making the white portion of the tricolor sweet dish has been followed here. First, the mix will be blended together, while got thicken and release the bottom of the pan, turn off the heat.
- Again grease another plate with ghee to place the saffron-colored dough to it. And then add again 1/4 green cardamom powder to it. Mix it nicely.
How to make the green color of this tricolor sweet Barfi:
- Here take another pan, place it on medium heat add the last portion of milk powder- condensed milk mix and the smooth pistachio paste to it.
- Same as other portions, the mix will meltdown, well blended with pistachio paste. Now add 1 tsp ghee to it and mix it well. Stir it continuously.
- When the mix gets thicken and starts releasing the bottom of the pan like previous portions, turn off the heat.
- Place the green colored dough in a plate, greased with again little ghee. And add the 1/4 tsp cardamom powder to it too. Mix it nicely.
How to make the tricolor sweet barfi/diamond shape peda:
- Take the diamond-shaped mould or mold, greased with little ghee.
- Now take the same amount from each dough.
- First, put the saffron-colored dough, then white colored dough and lastly put the green colored dough into the mould or mold to make this tricolor barfi.
- Now put each clove (cloves without its buds) in the middle of that each tricolored barfi or peda.
- Try to use a nonstick pan to make this tricolor sweet as milk products have a tendency to get stuck to the bottom.
- If you want to make this tricolored sweet with the homemade khoya, can check my doodh peda or milk peda recipe. With the help of that recipe, you can make homemade khoya as well as authentic doodh peda recipe.
1 thought on “Tricolor Sweet Barfi Recipe- Independence Day Special”
wow ! thanks and it does worth a read. Thanks for sharing your views.