Stuffed Mushrooms recipe – Cheesy Baked stuffed mushrooms recipe with step-by-step picture format. Whenever the word “appetizer” comes to our mind, it reminds us of its mouthwatering quick bite nature to enhance our hunger or appetite. And today’s appetizer cheesy stuffed mushroom is able to create its magic over vegetarian to non-vegetarian people. Moreover, this making this appetizer is so simple and easy to make that you will be able to win others’ hearts through this recipe.
The main ingredient of this mushroom recipe is obviously “mushroom”. At the same time, cheese is one more important ingredient. This recipe is overloaded with cheese from inside and top both ways. So each bite of this stuffy mushroom will be so cheesy.
As you can see, this simple stuffed mushroom recipe is mostly inspired by Italian cuisine and I described it as part of Italian cuisine, few changes have been made by me too. To be very specific, my procedure of coating mushroom caps into butter might be different from the way Italians generally follow. And secondly, the use of coriander leaves does not allow me much, to relate this recipe to the Italian version. Coriander is not much popular in Italian cuisine according to my knowledge. However, this baked stuffed mushroom recipe will surely leave a strong impression on you.
Being an Italian food lover, I love the original version of the stuffed mushroom recipe but I have made a few changes to my version of stuffed mushroom. And the reason is, I love to play with spices to create something new in taste. And fortunately, it worked so well, more than my expectation. Though, on the other hand, this vegetarian stuffed mushroom recipe is divine in taste, the same as the original one. If you don’t like mushroom and a non- vegetarian like me, can also try my another starter recipes i.e,mochar chop or banana blossom cutlet recipe, Crispy fried chicken tenders recipe, Butter garlic prawns recipe | Prawns with garlic butter recipe, crispy batter fried prawns recipe.
Cheesy Baked Stuffed Mushrooms recipe
INGREDIENTS of Stuffed Mushrooms
◦ 200 gms Button Mushroom
◦ 1 medium size Onion (finely chopped)
◦ 2 medium-sized Garlic cloves (finely chopped)
◦ 3 cubes of Butter
◦ 1 tsp Tomato ketchup
◦ 1 tbsp Breadcrumbs
◦ 2 tsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
◦ 1/2 tsp Oregano
◦ Grated mozzarella cheese (generous amount for cheese lovers)
◦ 1/2 tsp Chilly flakes
◦ 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
◦ 1/4 tsp Salt
Prep time: 20-25 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Served in: 40-45 mins
Author: Moumita Paul
How to make stuffed mushrooms recipe
‣ For making stuffed mushrooms recipe, first, Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius temperature. Meanwhile, grease the baking tray with a little butter.
‣ Properly clean the mushroom with wet tissue paper and lightly peel off the skin. If want to peel off the skin, gently rub the skin with a knife and the skin will easily come out.
‣ Carefully take the stems out of the mushrooms, otherwise, the mushrooms’ caps might be broken. And then finely chop the stems.
‣ Heat a pan over medium-high flame, grease with 2 cubes of butter, and toss all mushrooms’ caps for 20-30 sec (not more than 30 sec).
‣ Actually, we need to coat all mushroom caps with butter. Once the coating is done, take off the mushroom caps on a plate.
‣ Don’t sprinkle salt while sauteeing mushrooms, mushrooms have a tendency to quickly release water.
‣ Heat the same pan, over medium flame with 1 cube of butter, and add chopped mushroom stems.
‣ Fry them slightly. Then add chopped onion and garlic (then it will release water), so fry it until moist goes off.
‣ Add black pepper powder, chilly flakes, and chopped coriander leaves, and keep stirring.
‣ Then add tomato ketchup and cook it for some time till the moisture goes off.
‣ It is time to add oregano and salt to it. Mix it up nicely all together.
‣ The stuffing is ready now. Take it off the pan to spread over a plate and let it be cool for 5 mins.
‣ Then take the mushroom tops one by one.
‣ First, fill it up with a little amount of mozzarella cheese and press it down slightly with your thumb finger.
‣ Then fill the mushrooms’ caps with the stuffing.
‣ Sprinkle little breadcrumbs on top of the stuffing.
‣ Finally, add a generous amount of grated mozzarella cheese on top.
‣ Now shift the stuffed mushrooms’ caps on the previously greased baking tray and it’s time to bake.
‣ Bake them in preheated oven for 20 mins.
‣ Take out the lip-smacking baked stuffed mushrooms from the oven.
‣ Cheese is completely melted and covered on the top. So without wasting time have a nice cheesy bite.
‣ Trust me, it’s very hard to keep yourself away to take a bite of these cheesy stuffed mushrooms just after taking them out of your oven.
‣ Make this mushroom appetizer at home, enjoy it, and don’t forget to share your experience with me. Have a nice day.
Tips of the day
Here I have used coriander leaves as I love its flavor, If you wish, you can use basil or any of your favorite herbs instead of coriander.