An easy, no bake, eggless, Orange cheesecake recipe with step-by-step pictures. Orange cheesecake is an orange flavored cream cheese dessert, made with homemade ricotta cheese, whipping cream (no sour cream), and homemade orange jelly. No eggs are used in this cake so this cheese cake is perfect for vegetarian people. Prepared without baking, so no need for an oven, just set it in the refrigerator until cold.
This is a 3 layered no bake orange cheesecake recipe, the base layer is filled with ground biscuit & butter, the next layer is filled with blended ricotta cheese, lemon juice, orange jam, whipping cream, icing sugar and gelatin, and the top layer of this cheesecake contains homemade orange jelly toppings.
For making this orange cheesecake recipe, I’ve used homemade ricotta cheese for making cream cheese, as cream cheese is not easily available in India. When I first taste orange cheesecake in a well-known baker’s shop, it touched my heart. And since then started searching for this recipe. Then I got to know cream cheese and sour cream both are generally used in making an original cheesecake recipe. But both are not easily available in India and are quite expensive too.
Initially, I gave up preparing cheesecake, though my curiosity never let me down. Then finally came to know through some youtube videos that cream cheese can be easily prepared at home from homemade ricotta cheese(known as cottage cheese/chenna in India). They made cream cheese by simply blending ricotta cheese/cottage cheese/chenna. Even you can use paneer too, homemade or store-bought, no matter what.
And since then, it was easy to prepare orange cheesecake without buying cream cheese. Now there was one more problem, I did not know to prepare sour cream and sour cream is one more important ingredient for making cheesecake. Then I beat lemon juice with cream cheese and the sourness of lemon juice will act like sour cream in the cream cheese.
Here I’ve prepared the orange jelly too from fresh oranges. So I did not need to buy cream cheese, sour cream, or even orange jelly all are homemade. So along with being fresh, delicious, hygienic, and healthy, this cheesecake is money saving too. Even it is a very good snack for kids’ tiffin, the perfect dessert for house parties, or to serve after lunch or dinner.
If you love cheesecake, especially no-bake, eggless cheesecake, then this orange cheesecake is best for you. Try this recipe at home and let me know about this recipe in the comment section below.
If you are searching for more homemade cake recipes or desserts, you can try my
Orange cheesecake recipe (easy, no bake, eggless)
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Served in: 5 hrs (including time requires to set it in the freezer)
Served for: 8 people
Author: Moumita Paul
For making orange cheesecake
- 1 cup cream cheese /ricotta cheese/cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup orange jam/marmalade
- 200 gms Nutri Choice biscuit
- 10 tbsp icing sugar/powdered sugar
- 1+1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp gelatine + 4-5 tbsp water
For orange jelly toppings
- 1+1/4 cup orange juice(1 kg oranges)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp gelatine(3 tbsp water)
- 1+1/2 tbsp lemon juice
For making ricotta cheese(cottage cheese)
- 1.5-liter full-cream milk
- 3 tbsp lemon juice + 1 tbsp water
- 2-3 cups of water
Blend the ricotta cheese/cottage cheese to make cream cheese
How to make Orange cheesecake recipe
Homemade cream cheese making
For making cream cheese at home, first, make ricotta cheese or cottage cheese/chenna.
- Heat a deep bottom pan with 1.5 lit milk (full cream or full-fat milk) on medium heat and bring it to a boil.
- Once the milk starts boiling, slow down the heat and add the lemon juice(3 tbsp lemon juice+ 1 tbsp water) to the milk in 2-3 batches.
- After adding every batch of lemon juice, keep stirring the milk.
- Milk will start curdling, and when the milk is completely cuddled and leave greenish water. Then turn off the heat.
- Strain the curdled milk through the strainer or a cheesecloth or cotton cloth.
- Add 2-3 cups of water(at normal temperature) to quickly cool down the cheese.
- Then take all the edges of the cheesecloth together and make a pouch out of it. And start squeezing it by holding the mouth of this pouch.
- When the water stop coming out of the pouch then tie a tight knot with the cheesecloth edges and put a heavy object on that pouch for 15-20 mins. As shown in the picture below.
- After 15-20 mins remove the ricotta cheese (cottage cheese in India) from the cheesecloth and put it in a blender jar.
- Grind the cheese until looks creamy. Cream cheese is ready to use for making this cheesecake. Keep it aside.
Homemade orange jelly making
- For making homemade orange jelly, first, make the juice of 1 kg oranges.
- Heat a pan with the orange juice on medium flame, and bring it to a boil.
- When orange juice gets reduced to its half, then add 1/4 cup sugar to it. And let it melts down.
- When the sugar completely melts down in the orange juice and the juice got a little more thickened, then turn off the heat.
- In a small bowl, add 1 tsp gelatin with 3 tbsp water(at room temperature) to it. Mix it nicely.
- Then microwave the gelatin mix or slightly heat it for 10 secs.
- Once the gelatin melts down then whisk it nicely to make it lump-free.
- Add it to the reduced orange juice and stir it nicely to prepare the homemade jelly.
- Lastly, add 1 tbsp lemon juice to it to the jelly. Mix it well.
- Now place the jelly on low heat for 1 min and stir it continuously to incorporate all the things together.
- And our homemade orange jelly is ready.
How to assemble Orange cheesecake
First filling/layer –
- For making the first filling/layer of this orange cheesecake,
- Take Nutri choice biscuit (or any hard crust biscuit), and grind or crush it to make a powder form.
- Pour it into a mixing bowl and add 4 tbsp melted butter to it. Mix it nicely.
- Now take the cake tin, and grease the bottom and inner wall of the tin with butter as shown in the pic.
- Here I’ve used a 20 cm cake tin with a removable bottom.
- Now put the ground biscuit-butter mixture in the bottom of the cake tin.
- Spread it evenly on the bottom and properly press it down with a spatula or hand.
- Then place the cake tin in the freezer for 1 hr to set this crushed biscuit base.
- For making the second filling/layer of this cheesecake,
- In a mixing bowl add homemade cream cheese.
- Beat it with an electric beater or hand beater or grind it in a mixer, and whisk it properly.
- Add 1+1/2 tbsp lemon juice to it. I use lemon juice instead of sour cream as the sourness of lemon juice will act like sour cream in this dessert.
- Then whisk it well to mix the lemon juice with cream cheese.
- Now add 1/4 cup of store-bought orange marmalade or orange jam to the cream cheese.
- Then again whisk it well until mix it correctly. Keep it aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add 3/4 cup of heavy cream or whipping cream.
- Beat it well with the help of the electric beater or hand beater.
- Beat the cream for 3-4 mins till the soft peak comes, as shown in the pic.
- Now add the icing sugar to the cream.
- Beat it again for 2-3 mins, till not get that firm peak as shown in the pic.
- Then add vanilla essence to the cream and beat it for 1 more min to incorporate the things together.
- Now add the cream cheese mixture with the whipping cream mixture.
- Whisk it nicely to mix it with each other.
- Then add the gelatin, and whisk it well with the cream cheese and whipped cream.
- Gelatin will help to stabilize the mix and it won’t be gooey.
- After 1 hr. take the cake tin out of the freezer, then the crushed biscuit layer has already been set.
- Pour the cream cheese and whipped cream mixture into the tin.
- Evenly level the top of this cream cheese layer with a spatula.
- Then put the cake tin in the freezer once again for 2 hrs.
- For making the third or last filling/layer of this cheesecake,
- After 2 hrs, take the cake tin out of the freezer and pour the homemade orange jelly on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Then put the cake tin once again in the freezer for 1 more hour to set the jelly toppings.
- Finally, after 1 hr, orange cheesecake will be ready, then take it out from the freezer.
- Demould the cake by separating the entire side of the cake from the tin with the help of a knife.
- Orange cheesecake is ready, cut the cake like pie. You can decorate this dessert with some whipped cream frosting and a few slices of orange.
- After serving this cheesecake, you can keep the rest amount in the refrigerator (not the freezer) for 2 days.
- In no-bake cheesecake, icing sugar and gelatin are mandatory. As icing sugar and gelatin will work as the stabilizer and firmly hold the shape of this cake.
- Do not keep cheesecake out of the refrigerator if not baked. As cake with creamy frosting and cheesecakes highly recommended to be kept in the refrigerator for preventing it’s to be melted down.
- Do not use homemade powdered sugar, instead, store-bought icing sugar. As a combination of cream cheese and whipped cream results in a little gooey if mixed with homemade powdered sugar. On the other hand, store-bought icing sugar contains corn starch to give firmness to any cream base cake.
- Always keep the heavy cream or whipping cream in the freezer at least for 1 hr before using.
- As I’m using a 20 cm cake tin and 200 g Nutri choice biscuit is perfect for it. If you are using small cake tin than me, then a 100 g biscuit will be perfect.