Orange cheesecake recipe with homemade cream cheese and orange jelly step by step with pictures. This no-bake orange cheesecake is a three-layered orange flavored cheesecake, contains cream cheese, orange jelly, and heavy cream. The base of this orange cheesecake recipe starts with a crust of biscuit and melted butter, the next layer is basically a perfect combination of cream cheese, orange marmalade, and heavy whipping cream and the top layer is homemade pure orange jelly as toppings.
For making this orange cheesecake recipe, I’ve used homemade cream cheese, as cream cheese is not easily available in India. When I first taste this orange-flavored cheesecake in a well-known baker’s shop, it touched my heart. And since then started searching for this recipe. Then I got to know cream cheese and sour cream both are generally used in making an original cheesecake recipe. But both are not easily available and quite expensive too.
Then I initially give up to prepare this no-bake cheesecake, but my curiosity never let me down, and finally came to know by some youtube videos that cream cheese can be easily prepared at home. Thanks to all youtube videos which help me to know that cream cheese is simply the blended homemade cottage cheese.
And since then I start to prepare this easy no-bake orange cheesecake with homemade cream cheese and orange jelly. But I didn’t prepare sour cream, only use my own trick to keep the taste the same as a perfect combination of cream cheese and sour cream do.
Orange cheesecake, mango cheesecake, strawberry cheesecake are favorite of my son and me. As I’ve prepared the orange jelly from fresh oranges at home for making the topping of this no-bake cheesecake. I guess you must imagine, how this fresh orange cheesecake is delicious in taste, hygienic, and healthy as it’s homemade, easy to prepare, and especially not expensive too. So it’s better to prepare at home by following a recipe instead of buying from the shop, what do you say? And it’s a very good snack for kids tiffin too.
I’ve used my own tricks to make this simple no-bake orange cheesecake with homemade cream cheese and orange jelly and to maintain the same shop as taste. So to know this recipe in detail please stay connected with me till the end.
Try this no-bake orange cheesecake at home and let me know if it’s able to win your heart or not by leaving a comment in the comment section below.
If you are searching for any homemade cake recipe, you may try my Christmas cake recipe.
Orange cheesecake recipe with homemade cream cheese and orange jelly
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Served in: 5 hrs (including time requires to set it in the freezer)
Served for: 8 people
Author: Moumita Paul
Ingredients of orange cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cup orange juice(1 kg oranges)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp gelatine(3 tbsp water)
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
For making homemade cream cheese
- 1.5-liter full cream milk
- 3 tbsp lemon juice + 1 tbsp water
- 2-3 cups of water
For making this recipe
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 200 gms Nutri choice biscuit
- 10 tbsp icing sugar(store-bought)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp gelatine + 4-5 tbsp water
How to make orange cheesecake recipe
How to make homemade cream cheese for this orange cheesecake
- First, take a deep bottom pan, add 1.5 lit full cream or full-fat milk to it and place it on medium heat and bring it to boil.
- In the meantime, squeeze the lemons and collect 3 tbsp lemon juice from the lemons and strain the juice to remove its seeds and flesh. And add 1 tbsp water to it. Mix it nicely.
- Once the milk starts boiling, slow down the heat and add the lemon juice(3 tbsp lemon juice+ 1 tbsp water) to the milk in batches. And after adding every batch of lemon juice to the milk, keep stirring the milk.
- Milk will start curdling, and when after using the lemon juice(total quantity) when the milk completely cuddled and leave greenish water. Then switch off the flame.
- Take a bowl put a strainer on its mouth and then spread a cheesecloth or cotton cloth on the strainer and strain the curdled milk through it.
- When the water will be separated from the cheese then add 2-3 cups of water(at normal temperature) to cool down its temperature.
- Then take all the edges of the cheesecloth together and make a pouch out of it. And start squeezing it by holding the mouth of this pouch.
- When the water stop coming out of the pouch then tie a tight knot with the cheesecloth edges and put a heavy object on that pouch for 15-20 mins. As shown in the picture below.
- After 15-20 mins remove the homemade cottage cheese from the cheesecloth and put it in a blender jar.
- Grind it until looks creamy. Keep it aside. And homemade cream cheese is ready to use for making this cheesecake recipe. So homemade cream cheese is nothing but the blended homemade cottage cheese.
How to make homemade orange jelly for this cheesecake recipe
- First, make the juice of 1 kg oranges, I got 1 1/4 cup orange juice out of 1 kg orange. Keep it aside.
- Now, take a pan and place it on medium heat and then put the orange juice to it, bring it to boil.
- When the orange juice gets reduced(by boiling) to its half, then add 1/4 cup sugar to it. And let it melts down.
- When the sugar completely melts down in the orange juice and the juice got a little more thicken, then turn off the heat.
- Then take a small bowl, add 1 tsp gelatin to it and add 3 tbsp water(at room temperature) to it. Mix it nicely. And put it in the microwave for 10 secs.
- Once the gelatin melts down then whisk it nicely to make it lump-free.
- Add it to the reduced orange juice and stir it nicely to prepare the homemade jelly to spread it on the top of this cake recipe.
- Lastly, add 1 tbsp lemon juice to it to get an awesome flavor and taste. Mix it nicely with the homemade orange jelly.
- Now again place it on the low heat for 1 min and stir it continuously to incorporate all the things together. And homemade orange jelly is ready for this no-bake cheesecake recipe.
How to make orange cheesecake
- First, take the Nutri choice biscuit or any hard crust biscuit, even can use orange oats biscuits too, and grind it or crush it to make a powder form of it.
- Then pour the crushed or grind biscuit into a mixing bowl and add 4 tbsp melted butter to it. Mix it nicely.
- Now take the cake tin, grease the bottom and inner wall of the cake tin with a cube of butter ass shown in the pic. Here I’ve used a 20 cm cake tin with a removable bottom.
- Now put the butter mixed crushed biscuit to the bottom of the cake tin. And spread it evenly on the bottom and properly press it down with a spatula or hand to make sure it’s the base of this cake.
- Then place the cake tin in the freezer for 1 hr to set this crushed biscuit base.
- In the meantime, take a mixing bowl, put homemade cream cheese in it, and use an electric beater or hand beater whisk it properly.
- Then add 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice to it. I use lemon juice instead of using sour cream as the sourness of lemon juice will act like sour cream in this no baking dessert recipe.
- Then whisk it well to mix the lemon juice nicely with cream cheese.
- Now add 1/4 cup of orange marmalade or orange jam to the cream cheese. Then again whisk it well to mix it correctly.
- Then the creamy and lite orange texture will come from the cream cheese mixture. Keep it aside.
- Then take another mixing bowl and add 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream. Beat it well with the help of the electric beater.
- Beat the heavy whipping cream for 3-4 mins till the soft peak will come, as shown in the pic.
- Now add the store-bought icing sugar to the whipped cream. And bit it again for 2-3 mins, till not get that firm peak as shown in the pic.
- Then add vanilla essence to it and bit it for 1 more min to incorporate the things together.
- Now add the creamy and little orange-colored cream cheese to the mixing bowl. And whisk it nicely to mix it with each other.
- Then add the gelatin to the mixing bowl, which will help to stabilize the mix and it won’t be gooey. And whisk it well with the cream cheese and whipped cream.
- After 1 hr. take the cake tin out of the freezer, where the crushed biscuit layer has already been set. And pour the orange cream cheese and whipped cream mixture into the tin.
- And first, evenly level its top with a spatula. Then put the cake tin in the freezer once again for 2 hrs.
- After 2 hrs take it out of the freezer and pour the fresh homemade orange jelly on top of the cream cheese.
- Then put the cake tin once again in the freezer for 1 more hour to set the homemade orange jelly as its toppings.
- Finally, after 1 hr this cheesecake will be ready, then take it out from the freezer.
- Before serving this no-bake cheesecake must separate the entire side of this cake with the help of a knife. And then remove it from the cake tin.
- Then serve this chilled orange cheesecake. You can decorate this dessert with some whipped cream frosting and a few slices of orange.
- After serving this cheesecake, you can keep the rest amount in the refrigerator(not freezer again) for 2 days.
- You will be able to make this easy dessert recipe if you follow all of my tricks and tips.
- In this no-bake cheesecake, the use of store-bought icing sugar and gelatin is mandatory. As both will work as the stabilizer and hold the shape of this cheesecake firmly. And don’t let it a meltdown.
- But don’t keep this dessert out of the refrigerator as the cake with creamy frosting and cheesecakes are always to be kept in the refrigerator according to the bakers for preventing it’s to be melted down.
- Don’t use ordinary powdered sugar, in this recipe, which can make the combination of cream cheese and whipped cream a little gooey. As store-bought icing sugar contains corn starch to give the firmness in any cream base cake.
- Instead of orange marmalade, can use the homemade orange jelly too in this recipe.
- Always keep the heavy whipping cream in the freezer at least for 1 hr before using it.
- As I’m using a 20 cm cake tin, so I’ve used 200 gms Nutri choice biscuit to it. If you are using small cake tin than me, use 100 gms biscuit to crush.
- I’ve used sugar as per my requirement, you may use less or more sugar as per your choice.