Mango ice cream recipe step by step. Easy to make mango ice cream recipe with creamy milk, whipping cream & fresh mango puree. No condensed milk or milkmaid or ice cream maker is required to make this ice cream. Quite similar to Natural’s ice cream being inspired by their fresh fruit ice cream.
For making this mango ice cream recipe 1. I used creamy milk prepared by using full cream milk, milk powder, cornflour, and sugar. 2. whipping cream(you may use fresh cream too). 3. Fresh Mango puree prepared by little heating the sugar & fresh mango pulp.
As mango is a seasonal fruit of summer and ice cream is the all times best cooling dessert so through this homemade ice cream you may serve healthy seasonal fruit to your kid. If your kid loves to have stick ice cream then you may set this ice cream mix in a popsicle mold too.
My kid and I love ice cream and fruit ice creams are at the top of my favorite ice creams list. Though I have tried fresh fruit ice cream from different ice cream-making joints but have never been satisfied with their taste. Until my husband takes me to Natural’s ice cream shop in Bangalore, after having that ice cream I said, oh yes! this is the ice cream that I was looking for. They are truly my inspiration for making any fruit ice creams.
For a long time, I was trying to make that shop like a smooth, creamy, and fluffy mango ice cream recipe. But somehow it didn’t work every time the ice crystals appeared in my ice cream and I was disappointed with my own method. After several attempts, finally, I prepared this soft and creamy ice cream like professional ice cream maker even without churning. It was first hard to believe that finally, I’ve prepared that shop like yummy ice cream at home even without an ice cream maker.
Then I decided to share my super yummy mango ice cream recipe with you through this post. So, till today you may easily prepare this ice cream at home if you follow my instructions carefully. Please let me know your valuable feedback by writing it down in the comment section below.
And of course, to get the ice cream joint like taste and texture you must have to choose the right mangoes. That must be perfect ripe mangoes with a bright and nice flesh and tastewise delicious. As the taste and color of your ice-cream totally depend on the quality of mangoes. Here I have used Mango Badami but you may use any other varieties too as per your taste and availability.
Even you may try my vanilla chocolate chip ice cream recipe.
Mango ice cream recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Served in: 8- 10 Hrs
Served for: 4-5 people
Author: Moumita Paul
- 1+1/4 cup Mango cubes
- 1 cup Full Cream Milk
- 3/4 cup Whipping cream
- 100 g Powdered milk
- 1/4 cup(4 tbsp) Cornflour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- Pistachio or Almond(For Garnishing)
How to make mango ice cream
Making creamy milk
- In a mixing bowl, take 1/2 cup milk, powdered milk, cornflour, and 1/2 cup of sugar. Mix well and make it lump-free.
- Now mix it with the rest of the milk(1/2 cup of milk).
- Cook it on slow flame for 3-4 mins with continuous stirring. Once starts forming lumps, turn off the heat.
- Thick & creamy milk is ready, completely cool it down by continuous stirring. Strain it to get a smooth creamy texture.
- Once cool down, add whipping cream in it, and mix it nicely.
- Transfer this mixture to an airtight container & keep it in the freezer.
Making mango puree
- In a blender jar, pour the mango cubes with the rest of 1/4 cup of sugar. Blend it well.
- Then cook this mango puree on medium heat for 8- 10 mins with continuous stirring.
- Mango puree is ready. Turn off the heat and completely cool it down.
- Strain the mango puree to remove all the unwanted fiber & make it creamy as well.
How to make mango ice cream
- In a deep bottom bowl, take creamy milk(chilled) & mango puree. Mix it nicely.
- Beat it well with a hand beater or electric beater for 10 mins or until getting a creamy and smooth ice cream mixture.
- Transfer the mango ice cream mixture to an airtight container. Put a cling wrap on the mixture & tightly close its lid. Keep it in the freezer for 7-8 hrs.
- Mango ice cream is ready. Serve this mango ice cream scoops with roughly chopped pistachios or almonds.
- Add sugar quantity according to your preference. Though it depends on the sweetness of your mangoes and the use of powdered milk in this recipe.
- Sugar in mango puree will enhance the color of the mangoes, how rich the color will be of this puree, your ice cream will look so attractive.
- Using cling wrap as a direct cover on ice cream is necessary to prevent it from ice crystallization.
- Instead of using electric bitter, you can use a blender but then you should not blend it continuously for more than 1-2 mins. Otherwise, the ice cream mix will get heated up which is actually undesirable for this recipe. Blend it slowly to get the desired creaminess.
- For getting better creaminess and fluffiness, blend it at least twice. As one blend is not sufficient to get the desired creaminess.
- If you are going to use fresh cream, then put the fresh cream container in the freezer for about half an hour. Later take it out, remove the container’s mouth, and scooped out the cream from the container carefully. Remember, the tight creamy portion will be on top and the bottom will be watery.