Mango ice cream recipe step by step – It’s an easy 2 ingredient mango ice cream with my healthy and delicious eggless custard and fresh homemade mango puree. But this mango dessert is prepared without condensed milk or milkmaid and ice cream maker. I first had this dessert in Natural’s ice cream store and that’s the inspiration of making this fresh fruit ice cream.
I prepared this mango ice cream recipe with my two secret ingredients, one is my delicious eggless custard where I used full cream milk, milk powder, cornflour, powdered sugar, and whipping cream(you may use fresh cream too). And the other one is mango puree which I prepared by little heating the sugar added fresh mango pulp. Use of these two ingredients you will get that shop like super creamy ice cream it’s gureented.
As mango is a seasonal fruit of summer and ice cream is the all times best cooling dessert so through this homemade ice cream you may serve healthy seasonal fruit to your kid. If your kid loves to have stick ice cream then you may set this ice cream mix in a popsicle mold too.
My kid and I love ice cream and fruit ice creams are the top of my favorite ice creams list. Though I have tried fresh fruit ice cream from different ice cream making joints but never satisfied with their taste. Until my husband takes me to Natural’s ice cream shop in Bangalore, after having that ice cream I said, oh yes! this is the ice cream that I was looking for. They are truly my inspiration for making any fruit ice creams.
For a long time, I was trying to make that shop like a smooth, creamy, and fluffy mango ice cream recipe. But somehow it didn’t work every time the ice crystals appeared in my ice cream and I was disappointed with my own method. After several attempts, finally, I prepared this soft and creamy ice-cream like professional ice-cream makers even without churning. It was first hard to believe that finally, I’ve prepared that shop like yummy ice cream at home even without an ice cream maker.
Then I decided to share my super yummy mango ice cream recipe with you through this post. So, till today you may easily prepare this ice cream at home if you follow my instructions carefully. Please let me know your valuable feedback by writing it down in the comment section below.
And of course, to get the ice cream joint like taste and texture you must have to choose the right mangoes. That must be perfect ripe mangoes with a bright and nice flesh and tastewise delicious. As the taste and color of your ice-cream totally depend on the quality of mangoes. Here I have used Mango Badami but you may use any other varieties too as per your taste and availability.
Even you may try my vanilla chocolate chip ice cream recipe.
Mango ice cream recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Served in: 8- 10 Hrs
Served for: 4-5 people
Author: Moumita Paul
Ingredients of mango ice cream
- 1 1/4 cup Mango cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 100 gms powdered milk
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- pistachio or almond(for garnishing)
How to make mango ice cream recipe
Making of eggless custard for this recipe
- First, boil the milk and then cool it down completely.
- Take all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, powdered milk, cornflour and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar. (The rest amount of sugar will be used in making mango puree.)
- Now take 1/2 cup of milk and mix all the dry ingredients with the milk, mix it together nicely that lumps can’t form. Then mix it with the rest amount of milk(1/2 cup milk).
- Place it on a slow flame and keep stirring continuously, it has a tendency to get thicken quickly. So after 3-4 mins when it starts to get the lump, turn off the heat.
- Slightly cool it down by stirring continuously and strain it through a strainer to get the smooth texture.
- Now add whipping cream in it, and mix it nicely.
- The homemade custard or base of this ice cream is ready.
- Now place this homemade custard in a bowl and cover the bowl’s mouth with a cling film or plastic wrap to make it airtight.
- Put it in the refrigerator for 30-45 mins to set the custard.
Making of mango puree for this recipe
- Scoop the flesh out of the mangoes with a spoon.
- Take a pan, place it on medium heat, and add the mangoes in it. Take a masher and mash the mangoes in the pan.
- Add the rest amount of sugar(1/4 cup) in the pan.
- Mix it together nicely. stir it continuously.
- After 5-10 mins turn off the heat and cool it down completely.
- Take the blender jar and shift the mango- sugar mix and blend it nicely to get a pulpy mango puree.
- Strain the mango puree through a strainer and remove all the unwanted fiber.
- Mango puree is ready to mix up with the custard, has been prepared earlier.
How to make mango ice cream
- Take a deep bottom bowl, add cold(already set) homemade custard and mango puree in it. Mix it nicely with the help of a spatula.
- Take your electric hand beater and keep beating for 10 mins until not getting a creamy and smooth ice cream mix.
- Place the ice cream mix in an airtight container. Put a cling film paper just on the top of the mix. Keep it in the freezer overnight.
- Next day blend it at least once more for getting awesome creaminess. And again place the plastic wrap on its surface and keep it in the freezer for about 2-3 hours.
- Serve this mango ice cream with roughly chopped pistachios or almonds.
- Add sugar quantity according to your preference. Though it depends on the sweetness of your mangoes and use of powdered milk in this recipe.
- Sugar in mango puree will enhance the color of the mangoes, how rich the color will be of this puree, your ice cream will look so attractive.
- Use cling film as a direct cover on ice cream is necessary to prevent it from ice crystallization.
- Instead of using electric bitter, you can use a blender but then you should not blend it continuously for more than 1-2 mins. Otherwise, the ice cream mix will get heated up which is actually undesirable for this recipe. Blend it slowly to get the desired creaminess.
- For getting better creaminess and fluffiness, blend it at least twice. As one blend is not sufficient to get the desired creaminess.
- If you are going to use fresh cream, then put the fresh cream container in the freezer for about half an hour. Later take it out, remove containers mouth, and scooped out the cream from the container carefully. A creamy portion will be on top and the bottom will be full of the watery portion in this process.