This easy cream of chicken soup is a wonderful soup recipe with its basic ingredients cream and chicken, except these two, it’s ingredients are also easily available, such as butter, garlic, onion, salt, white pepper and of course, basil instead of parsley. The creaminess of this easy cream soup comes from, only butter, flour, cream, and chicken broth. This soup is healthy and we love its smooth and creamy nature and of course its little thick consistency too. This homemade condensed chicken soup can be a wonderful dinner idea in this shivering winter nights with bread toast. What do you say?
My own trick made this easy creamy chicken soup so quickly. So, firstly I sautéed chopped onion and garlic in butter, then add small chicken chunks to it and boiled it in a pressure cooker. And pressure cooking will help to make this easy cream of chicken soup recipe in no time.
Firstly, I’ve explained this creamy soup recipe as an easy cream soup recipe just because it’s really very easy to prepare. And secondly, I called this soup like cream of basil chicken soup too, as here basil(dry and fresh both)is used to give it a wonderful flavour. Though parsley is basically an important herb to enhance the flavor of all soups. Basil makes this condensed chicken soup so refreshing and delicious and able to create its magic all over the soup.
I taste this easy creamy chicken soup first time in a restaurant and my son, who really loves soup, ordered it. And loved its awesome taste. So immediately decided to prepare this easy creamy chicken soup recipe once at home. As this chicken cream soup was named as the cream of basil chicken soup on their menu, so I was first little confused over its flavor whether it’ll be good or not. But having its first sip, I was really impressed along with my son and give it hundred out of hundred.
This homemade easy cream chicken soup recipe is really good for kids health and obviously, it’s hygienic too. And people sometimes prepare it with rice or potatoes or sometimes both, even use beaten eggs and parsley in this creamy chicken soup recipe. Even we can use different vegetables in this cream soup like other soups. They even add milk to make its creamy consistency along with butter and flour or use both milk and cream in this easy creamy soup recipe. And for more creamy consistency people grind the cooked chicken and mix in this soup too. But that process is too hectic for me for making this quick cream soup recipe.
Here, fresh cream(which has 25% fat content) made this creamy texture, you can use heavy cream too instead of fresh cream. But while making this cream chicken soup, I tried to keep this recipe simple and used the easiest process. Here, using basil instead of parsley, totally influenced by the restaurant’s cream of basil chicken soup recipe.
Please let me know how this easy creamy chicken soup worked at your kitchen by leaving a comment in the comment section below.
Easy cream of chicken soup recipe
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 12-15 mins
Served in: 20 mins
Served for: 4 people
cream of chicken soup ingredients
- 200 gms boneless chicken
- 3 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 medium sized onion(finely chopped)
- 1 tsp dry basil
- a handful of fresh finely chopped basil leaves(for better flavor)
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- salt (as required)
- 2 1/2 cup water
How to make easy cream of chicken soup recipe with step by step pictures
How to boil the chicken for this cream chicken soup
- First, take the boneless chicken pieces and wash it well. cut the chicken pieces into small chunks.
- Now take a pressure cooker and place it on medium heat. And make it hot.
- Then add, 2 tbsp butter to it, let the butter melts down.
- Now add finely chopped onion to it. Saute the onion for 1 min.
- Then add chopped garlic to it. Saute for few seconds.
- Now add small chicken chunks to it and saute for 1 min.
- Then add 1 tsp dry crushed basil leaves and mix it well.
- Now add, salt and pepper and give it a good stir.
- Just after 30 secs, add water to it and close the pressure cooker lid.
- Now raise flame to high heat and bring it to boil.
- After, 2-3 whistles turn off the heat. And wait till the pressure cooker release its pressure automatically.
- Now chicken is perfectly boiled and ready for this recipe.
- Then take a strainer, and strain the boiled chicken through it to separate the boiled chicken from its broth.
- Chicken, boiled onion, garlic, and basil will be together on the strainer. So separate the chicken from it and keep it in a bowl for further use.
How to make easy cream of chicken soup
- Now take a pan, place it on medium heat to make it hot, first add 11/2 tbsp butter to it.
- Then add 1/2 tsp garlic to the melted butter. Saute it for 30 secs in the pan.
- Then slow down the flame to low and add 1 1/2 flour to it and stir it well to make it smooth.
- Add fresh cream to it in two batches and stir it continuously to make it smooth and lump free. You should use fresh cream straight from the refrigerator to make it lump free.
- Now add chicken broth to it in 3-4 batches and each time stir it continuously to keep the lump away from the soup.
- When the soup will start to boil add chicken to it. And bring it to boil.
- When you’ll get the creamy consistency as shown in the pic then turn off the heat.
- Now add crushed white pepper to it. And stir it well.
- Then add the chopped fresh basil leaves to it and give it a good stir.
- Now serve this hot and easy creamy chicken soup with bread toast or croutons or breadsticks.
- Here I’ve used my pressure cooker for making it quickly, even you can boil the chicken without pressure cooking it.
- In this cream chicken soup, should add fresh cream to the pan in batches. As if we use the cream at a time, it might create some lump in your soup. And that is why, at the time of adding creamy chicken broth to follow the same and add it in batches.
- Even you can use some vegetables in this easy creamy chicken soup while boiling it. And later you may remove the veggies only the use its broth, especially for kids.