crispy fried chicken tenders recipe | crispy chicken tenders with step by step pictures. It is that scrumptious chicken starter which I first tasted in Irish house and loved the taste so much that I tried it out in my kitchen. Actually, It’s a perfect combination of chicken and rosemary and you can feel the strong flavor of rosemary in each bite. Though rosemary is not my favorite among all the herbs for its strong flavor I personally believe this particular recipe would be incomplete without the rosemary addition.
Though I don’t think any introduction is required for this crispy fried chicken tenders recipe, as it is itself introduced by its name. It’s equally crisp and crunchy from outside, soft-juicy-tender from inside and its every bite will make you feel better.
This shallow fried crispy fried chicken tender gets the crunch from its secret coating and its tenderness depends on the ingredients used for marination and some small tricks which I apply for this recipe. And It’s a common chicken starter in my kitchen today.
Here, I’m going to share my version of crispy fried chicken tenders, means the way I have explored it for the first time with its every bite. Frying is necessary for this recipe and if you love to concentrate on the foods taste just like me rather than calories then go for it without any hesitation. But if you are a foodie and at the same time conscious about your health, think about the calories comes from the frying then can use air frier to get the crunch.
I’m going to reveal all the tricks which have been applied throughout this recipe, so stay with me till the end to know the secrets about this wonderful crispy fried chicken tenders recipe.
You can also check my other starters recipe i.e, chicken cutlet recipe, Butter garlic prawns recipe | prawns with garlic butter recipe, crispy batter fried prawns recipe, stuffed mushroom cheesy bite recipe |Baked stuffed mushroom recipe.
Please let me know, how it works in your kitchen and leave a comment in the box below.
crispy fried chicken tenders recipe | crispy chicken tenders
Marination for the tenderness
- 250 gms chicken breast
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1/2 tbsp crushed rosemary
- 1 tsp crushed pepper
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 cup water
For the secret coating of crunch
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup coarsely ground corn flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed or powdered rosemary
- 1 tsp pepper powder(black or white pepper)
- 1 egg
- salt(as per taste)
- refined oil for shallow frying
prep time: 10-15mins
cook time: 15 mins
served in: 30 mins
served for: 4 people
Marination of chicken strips for crispy fried chicken tenders:
- take 250 gms chicken breast or boneless chicken in a bowl, wash it with luck warm water to remove all the dirt comes with it.
- use your hand to squeeze the chicken to remove the excess water from it.
- keep the chicken on a chopping board and cut in into strips. prick all the chicken strips with a toothpick or fork for getting a nice marination(this secret trick will help you to get soft- tender- juicy chicken from inside). keep it aside.
- take a bowl, put 1/2 cup curd and whisk it with a fork until it gets smooth.
- now add 1/4 cup of water in it in 2-3 batches and whisk it to make a smooth consistency of curd and water.
- put all chicken strips in the curd-water mix.
- add crushed pepper and rosemary, minced garlic, chili flakes to it and mix it well together.
- now keep the whole marination to an airtight container and place it to the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- after 2 hours, take out the marinated chicken from the refrigerator, add 1/2 tsp salt to it and cover it once again. Leave it outside for 1 more hour.
coating of chicken strips for crispy fried chicken tenders:
I would recommend making your own breadcrumbs at home from the rusk(not the sweet rusks). Coarsely ground the rusks to get the better crunchiness than the store-bought breadcrumbs. I have described the secret of making coarsely ground breadcrumbs and corn flakes in the tips portion below. please check it out to get the best crunch.
- once the marination is done, drain the extra liquid part from the marinated chicken. and place the chicken strips on a plate.
- now take a bowl and whisk the egg nicely with a fork or whisker by adding a pinch of salt in it.
- take a plate and add the coarsely ground bread crumbs, coarsely ground corn flakes, crushed or powdered rosemary, garlic powder, pepper, and salt(as required). Mix it well together and spread the mix evenly on the plate.
- take a deep bottom fry pan, place it on the low heat, make it hot and then pour the oil in it for deep frying. let the oil get heated up.
- In the meantime, take each chicken strips, deep it into the whisked egg and then place it in the coating.
- roll the chicken strips into the coating to get a nice coat all over the chicken. And place it on a plate.
- In this way get all the coated chicken strips.
- now it’s time to add the coated chicken strips in the hot oil.
- add 3-4 chicken strips in each batch, the pan shouldn’t be crowded in any way.
- For the first 2 mins don’t try to touch the fries, the coat or the cover might fall off.
- just after 2 mins turn it over and cook the other side for 2 more minutes in the low flame. then raise the flame to medium-high flame to get the nice golden brown from both sides.
- take it out of the heat on the paper towel to remove the excess oil from it.
- plate your crispy fried chicken tender with the dip of your choice.
- here, I simply use tomato ketchup and mayonnaise in 1:1 proportion to prepare the dip, so can do that too.
- Keep the rusks(plain rusk not sweet one) in a zip bag or a paper packet. Then seal its mouth and use the rolling pin to grind it. And get the coarsely ground breadcrumbs, the same way you should apply to get the coarsely ground cornflakes. Though I use my homemade rusk for the breadcrumbs later I will share that process. Don’t put it in the grinder if you are not familiar with the making of coarsely ground spices.
- Can use a nonstick pan to avoid burning the fries or stick to the bottom issues.
- For shallow frying, the whole chicken strip shouldn’t immerse into the oil while frying. The bottom part should be fried first then turn it over to get the other side done.
- Either coarsely ground the corn flakes or can use your hand to ground it. As the powdered form not required for this recipe.