Crispy batter fried prawns or Batter fry prawns is a golden fried shrimp, succulent from inside, nice and crisp from outside. Do you love prawns and searching for an easy and quick delicious prawn starter? Then this crispy batter fried prawns or batter fry prawns will be the right choice for you.
Only two things, we have to keep in mind while making this fabulous crispy batter fried prawns like other famous eateries who basically known for their awesome crispy batter fried prawns.
Firstly, we should know how to make the prawns more flavourful and succulent which I made through simple marination of prawns with a little ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, and chili flakes.
And secondly, I have applied some simple tricks to create the wonderful crispiness in this crispy batter fried prawns or batter fry prawns. I had to apply those tricks in making of the batter of this fried prawns recipe. Though I used the simple ingredients like cornflour, all-purpose flour, egg, and soda(liquid) for making this batter, you have to stay with me till the end to know all the secrets about this recipe.
Please let me know how this crispy batter fried prawns or batter fry prawns worked in your kitchen and leave a comment in the comment box below.
Today is friendship day, Happy Friendship Day to all of you my friends, and especially, I’m going to dedicate this recipe to all of you. Hope, this crispy batter fried prawns will add an extra spice to your friendship day celebration party.
You may check one more prawn starter recipe of mine, i.e, the Butter garlic prawns recipe and Mangalore style prawn ghee roast recipe, but if you are searching for a crispy chicken starter recipe, so here you go with my crispy fried chicken tenders recipe.
Crispy Batter Fried Prawns or Batter Fry prawns
- 300 gms prawns(peeled out only kept its tail intact)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp corn flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/4 cup liquid soda(chilled)
- 1tsp pepper powder
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- salt (as required)
- refined oil (for deep frying)
Prep time: 10 mins(without marination)
Cooking time: 10-15 mins
Served in: 20-25 mins
Served for: 6 people
Author: Moumita Paul
How to make this batter-fried prawns more crispy:
- Use chilled liquid soda.
- After marination keeps the prawns in the refrigerator.
- Use the egg straight from the refrigerator.
These above mentioned three tricks will help you to make the crispy prawns.
How to make crispy batter fried prawns:
- Remove prawns head and shell only keep its tail portion intact and devein it. Then thoroughly clean the prawns with water. Though you can easily get store brought cleaned prawn where you have to only devein it and wash it thoroughly with the clean water.
- Take a mixing bowl, then add cleaned prawn, lemon juice, garlic paste, ginger paste, and chili flakes and mix it well. Cover it and keep it in the refrigerator for 15 mins marination. This cold marinated prawn will help to make it crispy.
- After 15 mins, take the marinated prawns out of the refrigerator and add 1/2 tsp salt to it, mix it well cover it and keep it in the refrigerator as before for 5 more mins.
- Now take another mixing bowl, add 6 tbsp corn flour, 3 tbsp flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper powder and a pinch of baking soda, mix it nicely. Sift all the ingredients before making the batter.
- Take a plate with 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour or plain flour to roll the marinated prawns before dipping into the batter.
- Place a pan on the medium-high heat, add the generous amount of oil for frying the prawns. Let the oil gets hot.
- Take out the marinated prawns, eggs and chilled soda from the refrigerator.
- Gently beat the egg, now take the mixing bowl of dry ingredients for making the batter( which has been mentioned before) and add chilled soda and 1/2 of the egg to make a smooth batter. Mix it gently(any lump should not be there).
- Then take each prawn with its tail, first roll it down in the flour then dip it into the batter and put it in the hot oil.
- Fry it until it gets a crispy and nice golden color, it generally takes 2-3 mins to get done. And carefully remove the fried prawns from the pan and place it on the paper towel to remove the excess oil.
- When all the prawns( 2-3 batches ) are done and serve it hot with a dip of your choice. Here I have served it with mayonnaise which goes well with it.
- Consistency of the batter should not be very thick or not too thin. Otherwise won’t get that exact texture of this crispy batter fried prawns.
- While frying the prawns be very careful as it may splutter.