Cheese mayo sandwich with step by step pictures- It’s a very easy and quick tiffin idea for kids and breakfast ideas for all too. As my son has two tiffin breaks in school, every morning I have to think about two different tiffins for him and sometimes this kids tiffin sandwich is the best option for his first tiffin break.
The best thing which I love most for making this sandwich because it doesn’t need any grill pan or toaster and it’s quite the same as a club sandwich. Even you can prepare this sandwich with or without an oven and it takes only 10 mins to be prepared. Which is easy for moms to get a healthy and tasty tiffin ready in 10 mins right? Even it’s a quick breakfast sandwich for all.
Mayo sandwich, vegetable sandwich, mashed potato sandwich and many more are common in my kitchen, especially for my kid’s tiffin. These all sandwiches are really healthy for kids, though I generally prepare this quick breakfast sandwich with white bread you can use brown bread or multigrain bread if you wish to.
Today’s kids are little fussy about vegetables, so this sandwich can be a better idea to replace their “no to vegetables” to “a big yes”. What do you think?
In this sandwich recipe, I love to use carrots, cucumbers, and onion but you can add many more veggies as per your choice. Its name itself describes its two main ingredients cheese and mayonnaise, both are good for kids along with the vegetables. Though I’ve used cheese slice here, instead of that, you can use grated cheese too. And in this sandwich recipe, I’ve used small diced vegetable as it retains the crunchiness of fresh veggies.
I first had this sandwich from “Amma’s pastries”, the pastry shop of Bangalore, four and a half years back. I simply loved its taste and started making this sandwich at home and my kid and my husband both love it since then.
Though it’s a quick breakfast or tiffin ideas for kids if your child has milk intolerance then I won’t recommend this kids tiffin sandwich as cheese and mayo both are milk product.
Please stay with me till the end of this sandwich recipe to know all the tricks, have been applied to make it more scrumptious.
Try this cheese mayo sandwich recipe at home and please let me know how it worked by leaving a comment in the comment section below.
Cheese mayo sandwich recipe | Quick breakfast sandwich recipe
Prep time: 8-9 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Served in: 10 mins
Course: Kids tiffin/ easy breakfast
Servings for: 4 people
Author: Moumita Paul
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- 2 slices of cheese
- 3 tbsp carrot(diced)
- 3 tbsp cucumber(diced)
- 3 tbsp onion(diced)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2-3 tsp butter
- 1/4 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp black pepper(powder)
- a pinch of salt(as per taste)
How to make cheese mayo sandwich with step by step pictures
- First, wash carrot and cucumber, then peel it out.
- Then cut all the veggies(carrot, cucumber, onion) into small dice(as shown in the pic below).
- Take a mixing bowl, add all the vegetables(cut into dice), mayonnaise, black pepper, salt, and olive oil. Mix it nicely.
- Now, take the sandwich bread slices, remove all the edges with a knife(as shown in the pic below).
- Then take a pan, add 2-3 tsp butter to it, let the butter gets melt.
- Put all the pieces of bread on the pan for few seconds(about 10 secs) and just to little grease its bottom with the butter.
- Remove all the bread slices from the pan.
- Now take two bread slices and spread the veggies-mayonnaise-black pepper-salt-olive oil mix on its butter greased side. (as shown in the pic below)
- Then put the cheese slices on the spread and cover it with another bread slice.
- Now your sandwiches are ready to go to the oven for 30-35 secs on micro oven mode.
- Take it out from the oven and cut it diagonally to make it triangle shapes.
- cheese mayo sandwich is ready to serve it hot with tomato ketchup.
How to make cheese mayo sandwich
all the small diced vegetables in the above pic.
Then add mayonnaise with all fresh veggies in the mixing bowl.
Now adding salt and pepper to the mixing bowl with veggies and mayonnaise.
Then add olive oil to the mixing bowl. Then mix all together.
First, removed the edges of the bread slices with a knife.
Then put all the bread slices on the melted butter, just to grease one side of the bread.
These are all one side greased bread slices in the above pic.
Now take two bread slices and spread the veggies-mayonnaise-black pepper-salt-olive oil mix on its butter greased side.
Then put the cheese slices on the spread
Now it is ready to go to the oven for 30-35 secs on micro oven mode.
See how the cheese melts down after 30-35 secs and your sandwich is ready to serve.
- If you don’t use the microwave, then put this sandwich on a flat pan(use the same pan which was used to grease the bread). Then place the pan on the low heat and cover the sandwiches with a tight lid for 20-30 secs.
- If you are using cheese straight from the refrigerator then cheese can take 5-10 mins more time to melt down.
- Here I’ve used small diced vegetable as it retains crunchiness of fresh veggies. But not to worry, can grate it, chop it or cut it in Jullien and that’s up to you.