Butter garlic prawns recipe with step by step pictures. Butter garlic prawns is a preparation of prawns basically cooked in butter and chopped garlic. Though some few more ingredients have to be added to make it more scrumptious. It is the same as garlic prawns but the only difference is where you can use any oil instead of butter. As you can see I don’t need to explain much about this butter garlic prawns recipe because of its name itself express a lot about it. This butter and garlic prawns recipe is a perfect combination of butter, garlic, and prawn, and it’s just heaven.
Prawns with garlic butter recipe is a very easy, quick and as well as super delicious in taste. The most interesting part is, its ingredients are easily available in your kitchen. And believe me, these simple ingredients of your kitchen can make the best butter garlic prawns in this world. However, the best part this butter and garlic prawns is, you don’t need to marinate the prawns before making it.
Here, I have used a few twigs of spring onion just give it a bright nice look as well as a better taste, little bit of dry parsley to enhance the taste , the use of lemon juice gives a perfection to this recipe and the small amount of cornflour will create a little creaminess to your butter and garlic prawns recipe. And of course, we should not forget about salt and pepper.
As I don’t have any clear idea about butter and garlic prawns recipe which cuisine it actually belongs to, so I don’t mention any cuisine here. Though as per my knowledge usage of butter and crushed or chopped garlic is common in Italian cuisine. What do you say?
The butter, lemon juice, aroma of garlic, parsley and spring onion with fresh prawns and lastly the addition of little cornflour will create magic when it will get in your mouth. If you are a vegetarian or allergic to prawns, can also try my stuffed mushroom cheesy bite recipe and mochar chop or banana blossom cutlet as a starter and if you love chicken starters, may like my crispy fried chicken tenders. So without wasting any time, let’s get ready to be part of that magical moment.
You may like other prawn starters from my website, crispy batter fried prawns and Mangalore style prawn ghee roast recipe.
butter garlic prawns recipe
- 500gms big white prawns
- 4 cubes of butter(cubes size as shown as in the pic)
- 2 1/2 tbsp finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2tbsp chopped spring onion
- 1/2tsp dry parsley(fresh parsley is highly recommended)
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cornflour
- pepper(as per taste)
- salt(as required)
Appetizer/starter: Quick Bite
Prep time:10-15 mins
Cook time:8-10 mins
Served in:20-25 mins
Served for: 4
How to make butter garlic prawns recipe with step by step pictures
- Remove prawns head and shell except for its tail portion and devein it first and clean with water thoroughly. Though you can easily get store brought cleaned prawn where you have to only devein it and wash it thoroughly with the clean water.
- Take a frying pan and put it on the slow flame. Add butter, let it melt first, then add parsley into the melted butter and now add all the prawns into the butter. It’s time to add the chopped garlic into the pan and toss well to give it a nice mix.
- Now raise the flame slightly up and when prawn will get a nice pink in color from one side so you have to turn all the prawns to get the nice color from another side.
- Add chopped spring onion in the pan and stir it well. Then add pepper and salt to it. But when you are adding salt to it, you should be very careful if you are using salted butter to make this recipe.
- Next, add the lemon juice to it and give a nice mix. And lastly, add the cornflour to get a little creaminess. Cornflour will help you to make your garlic butter shrimps slight creamy. And especially if you think your preparation is more buttery, cornflour will change that butteriness to the light creaminess.
Don’t overcook the prawns then it might get chewy.