no oil chicken curry recipe with step by step picture format. It is a without oil chicken curry which is healthy and tasty at the same time. Here I didn’t use a single drop of oil to prepare this recipe and it tastes delicious. Sometimes we think though without oil food is healthy it cannot be tasty as regular chicken curry. But this no oil chicken curry or zero oil healthy chicken curry can be scrumptious like a restaurant chicken curry.
Have you ever noticed the people who are going through a healthy diet because of their fitness? Here I’m talking about people like me, who suddenly start their workout with a healthy diet plan to make themselves fit. But after an everyday workout, our craving towards good tasty food increases and diet food is healthy but not almost tasty, so that can’t motivate us to keep doing the workout with the healthy diet plan for a long time. And we simply start losing our determination and lastly either start using some regular oily food with the workout or just drop off the plan of workout and go back to the regular life. So this no oil chicken curry or zero oil healthy chicken curry recipe is for them who is hardly trying to continue their healthy diet plan with the workout.
Here I’ve used boneless chicken pieces which are required for this oil-free chicken curry recipe. But to enhance its taste I’ve used some tricks here.
My tricks are, firstly I’ve roasted onion and garlic in a pan without oil and then make a smooth paste out of it. And secondly, I prepared a dry roasted masala powder to make this recipe scrumptious. Those dry roasted masalas are very simple and easily available in your kitchen. Those spices are cumin seeds, coriander seeds, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, dry red chilies, black peppercorn, a little mace, and nutmeg. Here only I have used little fresh ginger and green chili paste.
I marinate the chicken pieces with hung curd, roasted onion-garlic paste, fresh ginger-green chili paste, little turmeric powder, lemon juice and half of the dry roasted spices. And kept the rest of the dry roasted spices for using it later.
To know the detail of this recipe please go through this recipe which is described below. Please let me know how the recipe worked by leaving a comment in the comment section below.
Even you may try my healthy breakfast recipes healthy masala oats recipe and oats egg muffin recipe.
no oil chicken curry recipe | zero oil healthy chicken curry recipe
- 500 gms chicken
- 1/2 cup curd(thick or hung curd)
- 1 medium onion
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder(optional)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Dry roasted masala powder
- salt(as required)
How to prepare the dry roasted masala powder(garam masala powder):
- 1/2 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 3/4 tsp whole coriander seeds
- 2 green cardamom
- 3 cloves
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 5-6 black peppercorn
- 1/2 mace
- 1/8 nutmeg
Dry roast all the ingredients together and ground it to make a masala powder out of it.
Prep time: 30-35 mins( including 25-30 mins marination)
Cook time: 25 mins
Served in: 1 hr
Author: Moumita Paul
How to make no oil chicken curry or zero oil chicken curry recipe with step by step pictures
how to make no oil chicken curry
- Wash the chicken pieces with lukewarm water to make it clean. Keep it aside.
- Then take a pan dry roast the onion and garlic cloves.
- Take a grinder put roasted onion-garlic paste, add ginger, green chilies and add 1 tbsp of hung curd to easily make a smooth paste of it.
- Dry roast all the dry whole spices(mentioned above) and grind it to make a fine garam masala powder.
- Now take a mixing bowl, first add chicken, then add lemon juice, rest amount of hung curd and masala paste(roasted onion-garlic, ginger, green chili, 1 tbsp hung curd) one by one. Mix it together.
- Then add the garam masala powder( which we made from the whole roasted masalas) to it
- Let marinate the chicken for 25-30 mins. And keep it in the refrigerator for better marination.
- After 25-30 mins, take a pan(non-stick pan) and add the marinated chicken to it.
- Now place the pan on the low heat and cover the pan with a lid.
- And stir the chicken occasionally means after every 5-6 mins stir the chicken.
- When the chicken is almost cooked then raise the flame to the medium heat and remove its cover.
- Now after every 1 min, you need to stir the chicken and when the gravy will be almost dry up. Then add 1 cup of warm water to it.
- Let it bring it to boil. Check its taste if salt is required, add a little salt and the rest portion of dry roasted garam masala powder to it.
- When the gravy will reach to your desired consistency, switch off the heat.
- Serve this no oil chicken curry or zero oil healthy chicken curry with hot rotis or phulkas.
- Here I’ve used chilies, but its totally optional you may skip that part.
- I’ve used that roasted garam masala for better taste and flavor. You may use a less amount of this garam masala powder as per your taste.
- Thick curd or hung curd is highly recommended otherwise curd will leave so much water to the pan.
- Until the chicken is cooked, don’t add salt to it as salt will also help to release more water.