Mini pizza recipe in indian style step by step with pictures – It is just a miniature pizza or small pizza recipe. It’s a vegetable pizza recipe, as the veg topping with green and yellow bell pepper, tomato, sweet corn, onion, and black olives are used here. These easy homemade mini pizzas, indeed an interesting snack for kids and the taste is similar to the famous pizza makers like Dominos or Pizza Huts. Today is children’s day and so I’m going to share this mini pizza recipe for kids. Especially, I’ve made these homemade mini pizzas for all the beloved children in this world.
Kids have a special attraction to junk food like pizza, burger, hot dogs, French fries and many more. As junk food can be harmful to our kids and we try to keep them away from it, right? However, sometimes especially on weekends or holidays or parties, kids preference is always high towards junk foods. This delicious indian style homemade mini pizza recipe can be the best replacement option of the kids’ junk food cravings.
Here my tricks and tips to make these small pizzas scrumptious like famous pizza eateries. As this homemade mini pizzas are healthy and hygienic too. The tricks are, firstly I prepared these small pizza bases at home with little garlic powder, even instead of garlic powder, can use finely chopped garlic tossed or roasted in butter or olive oil.
Secondly, in this indian style kids snacks mini pizza recipe, I’ve used plain tomato ketchup(any brand) as a pizza sauce but you must be thinking using of ketchup instead of pizza sauce, how it can be a trick, right? You’re right, that’s not a trick, the trick is, here I’ve used the ketchup with finely chopped garlic roasted in little butter, dry roasted little crust oregano and little chili flakes(for kids) to make an easy and good substitute of pizza sauce.
And lastly, I’ve sprinkled the roasted garlic(instead sprinkle garlic powder too), dry roasted crushed oregano, salt and homemade chili flakes on the topping of this small pizzas.
Do you know in pizzas, garlic, and dry herbs, like oregano, basil plays an important role to make it flavourful? In this pizza recipe, I’m going to follow the same, so I’ve described how to prepare garlic flakes and chili flakes at home for your convenience. And the addition of little dry roasted oregano(not required for fresh oregano) will lift its flavor.
I personally prefer to prepare the pizza bases at home for making this small pizza recipe. Firstly, I love its freshness and I don’t like the strong smell of yeast from the store bought pizza base too. And one more advantage is, while you’re making fresh pizza dough at home, can add garlic flakes or garlic powder, oregano, basil, chili flake, etc. Means can add whatever you exactly want in your pizza recipe. Moreover, these homemade mini pizzas will be fresh, flavourful, delicious and of course, hygienic.
You may add many more veg topping in this indian style mini pizza recipe or even you can use any non-veg topping of your choice. I’ll surely come back with my non-veg pizzas soon.
Happy children’s day to all beloved children across the world. Enjoy these homemade mini pizzas on this special occasion of children’s day. But, moms don’t forget to let me know how this mini pizza worked at your home, is this really able to win your kid’s heart?
Please let me know your valuable feedback about this mini pizzas by leaving a comment in the comment section below.
You may also check my other kids’ special treats, ghost Halloween snacks or ghost potato fries party snacks, cherry cupcake recipe, vanilla chocolate chip ice cream recipe, Cheese mayo sandwich | kids tiffin sandwich. Even you may check others evening snacks recipe, chicken roll recipe, chicken cutlet recipe, pav bhaji recipe, mochar chop or banana blossom cutlet recipe.
Mini pizza recipe in indian style | Mini pizza recipe for kids
Ingredients (1 cup= 16 tbsp)
For making mini pizza dough
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or garlic flakes
- 2 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt(as per taste)
For making garlic flakes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp butter
For making pizza sauce with ketchup(any brand)
- 5-6 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2-3 tsp dry roasted oregano(little crushed)
- 1 1/2 tsp homemade garlic flakes(described below)
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes(for kids)
- 3/4 tsp olive oil
For the mini pizza toppings
- Julien or chopped green and yellow bell pepper
- 3-4 tbsp boiled sweet corn
- Julien or chopped onion slice and tomato
- round pieces black olives
- 200 gms shredded mozzarella cheese
For the sprinkle or seasoning
- 2 tsp dry roasted crushed oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp chili flakes(for kids)
- salt(as per taste)
Prep time: 30-35 mins(1 hr 20 mins if making pizza dough at home)
Cook time: 20 mins
Served in: 50-55 mins(1 hr 40 mins with homemade pizza dough)
Course: Kids snacks/evening snacks
How to make indian style mini pizza recipe or mini pizza for kids step by step with pictures
How to make garlic flakes for this recipe
- First, finely chopped the 15-16 medium garlic cloves.
- Take a pan, add 1/4 tsp butter or olive oil and add the chopped garlic to it.
- Then fry the garlic till it gets a nice golden brown color and then you can then realize the tiny pieces of garlic get nice crispiness.
- Then remove it from the pan and let it cool down.
- When it completely cools down, little crush it to make the perfect garlic flakes.
How to make chili flakes at home for making mini pizza appetizers at home
- Take a pan, place it on the low heat and make it hot.
- Now, add the dry red chilies to it and make it hot too and stir it to make sure the chilies won’t get burnt.
- When the chilies get heated up from both sides with off the flame. It will hardly take 1 to 2 mins.
- Then cool it down and when the nice crispiness comes then coarsely ground it for few seconds. And your homemade chili flake is ready.
How to make dry roasted oregano for this recipe
- First, simply put a pan on the slow heat and add the dry oregano to it.
- Make it hot and it will take less than 1 min and switch of the flame.
- Then remove the dry roasted oregano from the pan and little crush it by using your fingers.
- Now dry roasted oregano(little crushed) is ready to use.
How to make pizza bases at home
- Take a bowl, add 3/4 cup of warm milk(can use water instead of milk too) and 1 tsp sugar, mix it well to completely melts it down in the milk.
- Then add dry yeast to it and mix it well. Keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Now take a mixing bowl, add 2 cups of maida or all purpose flour(already shifted), 1/2 tsp garlic powder or garlic flakes, 3/4 tsp salt, 2 tsp olive oil and mix it well with your fingertips.
- After 10 mins, add the milk-sugar-yeast mix to it, mix it well. Knead it for 2-3 mins until the stickiness of the dough goes off. And it should not stick to your palm after kneading it correctly.
- Add 1/2 tsp olive oil to grease the dough surface and cover the dough with a damp cloth.
- Keep the covered dough in a warm place of your kitchen for 1 hr for good fermentation.
- After 1 hr dough will be fermented well, it will be puffed up and almost double in size. Then punch it down and knead it for 2 more mins.
- Then divide the dough into 8 equal size dough.
- Now take a rolling pin, dust a little flour on wooden board or kitchen table and start rolling the doughs.
- As we are making mini pizzas, so roll each dough like a small and thick disk(about 1/4-1/6 inch thick).
- Then prick these small pizza bases for 5-6 times with a fork. It won’t allow the pizza base puffed up.
- Now again cover these pizza bases with the damp cloth to prevent its moisture intact.
How to make toppings for this indian style mini pizza
- First, preheat the oven on 375-degree Fahrenheit or 180-degree Celsius.
- Take a bowl, add 5-6 tbsp of tomato ketchup(any brand), garlic flakes, chili flakes, dry roasted oregano(little crushed) and olive oil to it. Mix it nicely. Pizza sauce is ready.
- Now, put the pizza sauce on the pizza bases and spread it all over the top.
- Then add a generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese on it.
- Next, assemble all the veggies, green and yellow bell peppers, onion, sweet corn, tomato one by one.
- Now sprinkle the garlic flakes, chili flakes, dry roasted little-crushed oregano and a little salt to each pizza.
- Then add little cheese to cover all the veggies and put some round pieces of black olives from the top and gently press it down.
- When all the mini pizzas are ready with its topping, put it inside the oven for 20 mins(180-degree Celsius) on convection mode.
- You can use the rack for baking all the mini pizzas together and if you are not using the rack then, let the first batch gets done and cover the rest of the uncooked pizzas.
- If you are using the store bought pizza base then 8- 10 mins baking is sufficient to make it.
- After 20 mins, homemade mini pizzas will be ready. If you wish, add some more seasoning(garlic flakes, oregano, chili flakes, and salt) and serve it hot to kids.
- You can even prepare more garlic flakes and chili flakes and store it in a dry airtight container for many days.
- If you are using dry oregano then dry roasted oregano is highly recommended for getting the nice aroma and flavor from the mini pizzas.
- Though you can prepare the regular size pizza with the same ingredients mentioned above.
- If you wish, can use more veggies to this indian style mini pizzas.
- If your kid has the milk intolerance, then you can soak the yeast in warm water too(instead of milk).