Mango milkshake recipe – making restaurant style thick, creamy & yummy mango milkshake at home in less than 10 mins.
What is Mango Milkshake? Mango Milkshake is a mango milk concoction with sugary touch made with only 3 simple ingredients well ripen sweet mangoes, chilled milk, and sugar. Easy to make at home with the following detailed step by step pictures.
This is one of the best mango drink recipes for having in Indian summer(the season of mangoes). Sweet well ripen Mangoes(cubed in pieces or freshly made pulp), whole milk/full cream milk(chilled), and granulated sugar are blended well to make this shake. No additives like flavor(elaichi/saffron/rose) or yellow food color or cream(fresh/whipped) or ice cream are used in preparing this mango drink. So this mango drink is not only delicious and refreshing but simple, pure & highly nutritious at the same time.
For making this mango shake, mango cubes or pulp first blend with little milk and make a creamy lump-free mango-milk puree. Then blending of rest of the milk & sugar with the mango puree, makes a perfect concoction in this shake. This creamy mango drink needs 3 things to make – Well-ripened sweet mango cubes or fresh pulp, Chilled whole cow milk or full cream milk at room temperature( make it with a few ice cubes), and sugar as per the requirement or sweetness of mangoes. Though for making extra creaminess you can use condensed milk in this drink.
Best Mangoes for milkshake recipe– Try to use the best mango from the market as per sweetness and color as well. Alphonso, Badami, Chaunsa, Daseri, Langra, Baiganpalli, Raspuri, Kesar, and Mulgoba are best for making any mango drink including this milkshake. I generally use Kesar or Raspuri or Badami due to availability in Bangalore and tastes best. As of today, I used Kesar. Try to use fresh mangoes, not canned mangoes(cube or pulp) as contains high preservatives, not good for health.
Use of Sugar in Mango- milk shake– I used refined granulated sugar. You can use the same amount of powdered sugar or as per your sweet tooth. Or even you can use the same amount of unrefined sugar or organic sugar. Even you can use brown sugar too.
Sugar substitutes – However, if you are a diabetic, instead of sugar, you can use farm-fresh organic honey or any sugar supplement like stevia. Jaggery, palm sugar, or coconut sugar are also very good options. Though better to add nothing to this milkshake, except requires some sweet ripe mangoes.
Best milk for this mango shake – Though here I use full cream milk, you can use whole cow milk or buffalo milk, toned milk, double toned milk. Whether organic milk or store bought packet milk. However, you are on a low-calorie diet, skip the sugar and use low-fat milk or skimmed milk.
Vegan milk – If you are a vegan or have lactose intolerance, then replace the dairy milk with almond milk or coconut milk even with soya milk, and shake it well with sweet ripen mango(cubes/ pulp).
For garnishing – Generally, Milkshake does not need any garnishing, however, you can serve it with a few mango cubes or chopped dry fruits on its top. Even to make it more exotic, you can blend this shake with whipping cream or fresh cream. Or even serve it with a scoop of mango ice cream or vanilla ice cream too.
Try this restaurant-style milkshake at home and write down your feedback about this mango drink in the comment section below this post.
Try some other mango drinks recipes –
Mango milkshake recipe (restaurant style) in less than 10 minsCourse: Drinks, BeverageCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Mango Milkshake is a mango milk concoction with sugary touch made with only 3 simple ingredients well ripen sweet mangoes, chilled milk, and sugar. A thick, creamy & yummy mango milk beverage prepared in just less than 10 mins.
○ 2 Medium Ripe Mangoes(cut into cubes or made pulp)
○ 1/2 liter(500ml) Whole Milk/full cream milk
○ 6-7 tbsp granulated Sugar
○ Few Ice cubes
- For making Mango milkshake recipe, first, wash the mangoes, peel them out, cut them into cubes, or use fresh mango pulp, and put them into the blender.
- Put 5-6 tbsp whole milk/full cream milk and 4-5 tbsp granulated sugar in the blender with mangoes. Blend it well until making a smooth creamy mango-milk puree.
- Add the rest of the milk and sugar to the blender. Again blend it well until developed a creamy and little frothy milkshake.
- Mango milkshake is ready. Simply serve it in a tall glass with 2-3 ice cubes.
- Or garnish this shake with mango cubes, chopped dry fruit & nuts, or with a vanilla or mango ice cream scoop.
- If milk is chilled, then don’t need to put ice cubes in the blender, that can make the shake thin and less creamy. If using milk at room temperature then only use ice cubes while blending.
- Here I used full-fat milk. However, you can use any milk, low fat, full fat, toned, or double toned.
- Use the best sweet & ripe mangoes to enhance the taste of this shake.
step-by-step detail instruction with pictures
How To Make Mango milkshake recipe
Step 1 – Blend mangoes with little milk & sugar
- Wash the mangoes(2 medium), peel them out, cut them into cubes, or use fresh mango pulp, and put them into the blender.
- Put 5-6 tbsp(around 90 ml) whole milk/full cream milk and 4-5 tbsp granulated sugar in the blender with mangoes. Blend it well until making a smooth creamy mango-milk pulp.
Step 2 – Blend the mango- milk pulp with the rest of the milk & sugar
- Add the rest of the milk and sugar (around 2 tbsp) to the blender. Again blend it well until developed a creamy and little frothy milkshake.
Step 3 – Pour mango shake into the glass with ice cubes
- Creamy Mango milkshake is ready, pour it into a glass (preferably a tall glass) with 2-3 ice cubes.
Step 4 – How to garnish
- Best to garnish this mango drink with mango cubes, chopped dry fruit & nuts, or with a vanilla ice cream or mango ice cream scoop.