Mango frooti recipe or how to make mango frooti at home or mango fruity drink with step by step pictures. I can still remember that the catchy title song came up with the mango frooti advertisement when I was a kid? That was “Mango fruity fresh and juicy”, and from that day itself, I was in love with this soft drink. Till now fruity is one of my favorite mango drinks among all old and new brands. Though maaza is also a good among old brands mango drinks and I prefer it too but it comes after frooti in my list. I guess though all mango lovers prefer frooti especially kids are the best admirers of this fruit juice.
Frooti(or fruity), I have lots of childhood memories with this mango drink. In summer days, we used to demand it, and till the last drop, we used to sip it hard that would make a fun making noise. After drinking it we used to blow up the empty pack by mouth and then jump on it to make that “booming” sound. It was really fun, did you also experience it?
My son is also a big fan of frooti and not only him, I have seen many kids love with this drink. Especially in small kids’ birthday frooti’s tetra pack is very common in their menu and most of the kids love to drink it. Even in my kid’s birthday, I also arrange 3-4 cartoons of 160 ml tetra pack, contains 40 packs in each cartoon, that’s really a good deal for making kids happy and money-saving too for buying it in bulk.
Frooti is a very healthy mango drink for kids if you make this fruit juice recipe at home but must serve it cold to give it a shop-like feel. Even I started making it at home only for my kid. As whenever he gets down from his school bus mostly he has a demand for any packet fruit juice or drinks and mango fruity is one of them. Though sometimes I bought it for him, however, in summer I must prepare it at home with fresh ripe mangoes. What else can be better than that? As mango is his favorite fruit so I prepare this drink in a good amount and store it in my refrigerator in glass bottles. Even you can do the same for your kids or even for serving your guests.
Any homemade product is good for health and this mango juice is not out of that it’s fresh and pure as well. As even if we talk about its taste, it’s the same as our renowned brand’s frooti drink. And this homemade mango frooti needs some simple ingredients like ripe mangoes, raw mango, sugar, and water. You must be thinking ripe mango pulp must be required for making this juice but why raw mangoes right? Here green mangoes are used to balance the sweetness of this drink though citric acid works the same in the store-bought frooti pack.
In Indian summer this mango drink is best for easily cool down your body heat too because of using both ripe and raw mangoes in it. It’s a very simple recipe of mango drink that anybody can make it at home. But to make it more delicious you have to chose the right mangoes, means must use the perfectly ripen tasty mangoes in it. So today I am going to show you how to make my favorite mango fruity.
Even you may try some of my other indian mango drinks, i.e,
Try this delicious mango juice frooti at home and let me know your valuable feedback about this recipe in the comment section below.
Mango frooti recipe | how to make mango frooti at home | mango fruity drink
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Served in: 50 mins
Served for: 8 -10 people
Course: Drinks/ Beverages
Author: Moumita Paul
1 cup = 250 ml
- 500 gms ripe mangoes
- 200 gms raw mango
- 1 1/4 cup of sugar
- 6 cups of water
How to make mango frooti recipe with step by step pictures
- Take 500 gms ripe mangoes, wash it and peel its skin. Then take its flesh out and put it in blender to make a smooth mango pulp of it.
- Then take one medium-sized raw mango to weigh around 200 gms. Peel it out, remove its skin and boil it in a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water. Boil it on high flame and wait for 1-2 whistles.
- Remove the lid only when pressure is automatically released. Completely cool it down.
- Strain the raw mangoes and keep its water aside for using it later.
- Now add the boiled raw mango into the blender with the mango pulp and bled it well.
- Add little water(used for boiling mangoes) to the blender to make smooth pulp of it.
- Then strain the pulp to remove any lump or fibre from it and add the left water to it.
- Now take the pulp in a wide vessel and add 4 cups of normal drinking water to it.
- First, stir it well to nicely mix the water with this pulp.
- When it is completely mixed with each other, then check its consistency. If it is a continuous flowing consistency then the concentration is perfect for this recipe.
- Then put it on a low flame and add 1 1/4 cup of sugar to it. Mix it well by continuous stirring.
- Stir it continuously to melt down the sugar in it. When sugar completely melts down then check its sweetness and you may add more sugar if required.
- Let it start boiling and boil it for 35-40 mins. And during this period of time must stir it frequently to avoid sticking to the bottom and sides.
- After 35-40 mins turn off the heat and completely cool it down.
- Once it cools down, you may strain it once again if the bubbles exist which formed during boiling.
- Lastly, pour it in glass bottles(that must be sterilized) and keep it in the refrigerator and store for at least 3 weeks. Serve this chilled homemade mango fruity to your kids, family, and friends.
- You may use more or less sugar as per your taste and the sweetness of mangoes.
- Don’t add the sugar at a time mix it gradually to know the exact amount of sugar for your drink.
- As I have added 4 cups of water to it, you may add a little more if you need a little thin consistency.
- As we don’t use any preservatives in this drink, so you must sterilize the glass bottles before putting the juice in it.