Italian herb rice recipe with step by step pics: Italian herb rice is an italian style rice recipe with little colorful veggies, italian herbs, and spices. Basmati rice, garlic, dried italian herb and butter are main ingredients of this italian rice dish. Though three types of bell pepper and carrot have also been used in this preparation. Italian cuisine is completely influenced by the herbs and this recipe is not out of it too. This butter herb rice is a very easy and simple main course, where garlic is first sauteed in butter and then rice has to be added with it, lastly addition of all the italian herbs simply lift up its aroma and taste both, but except pepper no more spices are added to it.
I’ve added some veggies in my italian herb rice recipe which makes it more colorful and healthy too. Here long grain basmati rice was used with dried herbs, so it can be described as herbed basmati rice recipe too. But if you don’t want to use veggies in your herb rice, can omit that part. Even basmati rice is not mandatory, can add any rice but long grain rice is highly recommended for its good texture.
First I had this herbed rice a few years back in a restaurant accompanied by a baked fish preparation and loved it. Since then it’s common in my kitchen but I generally serve it with chicken with mushroom recipe or chicken with creamy mushroom sauce. And that goes wonderfully with this herbed basmati rice.
Try this italian herb rice or butter herb rice recipe in your kitchen and let me know how it worked by leaving your valuable comment in the comment section below.
Italian herb rice recipe| butter herb rice recipe
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Served in: 30 mins
Served for: 6 people
Course: Main course
- 3 cups of long basmati rice or plain long grain rice
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper(small cubes)
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper(small cubes)
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper(small cubes)
- 1/4 cup carrot(small cubes)
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- salt (as required)
How to make Italian herb rice recipe step by step with pictures
- First, cook the long grain rice or basmati rice or brown rice, but rice should not be overcooked.
- Then wash all the vegetables thoroughly and then cut it into small cubes. Keep it aside.
- Take a pan place it on medium heat and make it hot.
- Then add butter to the pan and let it melts down first.
- Then add all the veggies to the pan and saute the veggies for few minutes.
- Then add 1/2 tsp black pepper and little salt to make veggies soft.
- Now add the chopped garlic to a side of the pan and saute it for few seconds.
- When the aroma of roasted garlic starts coming from the pan, add the precooked long grain rice to it. Mix it nicely.
- Now add 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp basil, and 1/2 tsp parsley to it. And gently mix it together.
- Then more salt to it as per your taste to make it perfect. Mix it slowly.
- When the aroma of all herbs come out together then turn off the heat and serve this Italian herb rice or butter herb rice or simply herbed vegetable basmati rice with a side dish of your choice.
- Even you may use leftover rice to make it with herbs, only pepper was used among all spices as italian cuisine generally avoid using much spice in their food.
- After adding the rice, always gently mix it with other ingredients otherwise the grains of rice will be broken.
- If you are using basmati rice or long grain rice then cook the rice upto maximum 80-90 percent not more than that. Or else rice grain will be easily broken and wouldn’t able to get that exact texture of this herbed basmati rice.