A budget-friendly fudgy chocolate brownie recipe with step-by-step pictures. Brownie is the most popular English dessert mainly a delicious single-layered fudgy chocolate cake simply made with all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, sweetened dark chocolate, soft butter, granulated sugar(white & brown), eggs, and vanilla essence. Using melted dark chocolates makes it fudgy and the best reason ever for gooey chocolate comes out from the openings of its hot slices.
What does a fudgy chocolate brownie mean? Fudgy brownies are nothing but a soft, moist & rich chocolate cake filled with melted chocolates. It is mostly enjoyed with hot chocolate sauce or creamy chocolaty fudge. In India, brownies are mostly popular for serving on a sizzling iron plate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream by pouring hot chocolate sauce from the top. Just after a perfect lunch or dinner, a single bite of this fudgy brownie dessert is the ultimate bliss.
Being a huge fan of desserts, chocolate brownie is on the top of my list. My kid and I are almost crazy about fudgy brownies and always love to have it with ice cream, chocolate sauce, and topped with toasted walnut sprinkles. But never expect brownie would be so easy to make at home till last month I tried it out. This homemade brownie was seriously so delicious that I decided to share this recipe with you all.
Don’t believe me, this chocolate brownie is not only so delicious even pocket-friendly or budget-friendly too. Most surprisingly, you can just make it at home at almost the same cost as making a chocolate cake. In fine dining restaurants or branded cake shops, a piece of brownie costs not less than 250 Rs in Indian currency, right? But can you imagine, you can make a whole chocolate brownie cake at a less cost than Rs 250? Even if you serve a slice of brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and hot chocolate fudge, that is too, less than one-fourth price of the restaurants or shops ones.
How this chocolate brownie is budget-friendly? I made this chocolate brownie from scratch and for making this recipe, I spend approximately 235 Rs. You may have a clear idea if I share the pricing of all the ingredients in detail used over this recipe. Such as 125 gms unsalted butter worth Rs 62, 150 gms all-purpose flour worth Rs 9, 50 gms cocoa powder worth Rs 62, 150 gms white granulated sugar worth Rs 9, 100 gms brown sugar worth Rs 12, 3 medium eggs worth Rs 22, a bottle of vanilla essence worth Rs 27, 150 gms chocolate bar costs 32 Rs or chocolate chips costs Rs 90 are used. Even from each brownie easily at least 16 perfect slices can be made. Now, what do you think, still it is not budget-friendly if we made it at home?
If you’re fond of brownie as mine then must try this recipe in your kitchen. Even in this festive season, you may try some of my other cake recipes too, Traditional Christmas fruit cake recipe, Orange cheesecake recipe.
Today is Christmas, so Wish You All Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
A budget-friendly fudgy chocolate brownie recipe
Prep time: 30 mins
Bake time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hr 15 mins
No.of servings: 16 slices
Cuisine: American / World
Author: Moumita Paul
- 150 gms all-purpose flour
- 50 gms Cocoa powder
- 150 gms Sweetened dark chocolate
- 3 medium eggs
- 125 gm soft butter
- 150 gms White granulated sugar
- 100 gms Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Parchment paper or butter paper(two rectangular sizes)
- 8-inch square cake tin
- Electric or hand beater
- A spatula
- Hand whisker
- kitchen grater/Peeler/knife
How to make fudgy chocolate brownie recipe with step by step pictures
- First, preheat the oven at 180-degree temperature for about 15-20 mins.
- Take an 8-inch cake tin or mould, little grease the mould with butter to stick butter papers in the base and inner sides of the mould.
- Grease the butter paper lined mould with little butter. Keep it aside.
- First, sieve the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and salt together.
- After sieving mixes the flour-cocoa-salt mixture nicely and keeps it aside for later.
- Then take the chocolate bar, grate it or chop it to make it small as much as you can. Keep it in a medium mixing bowl.
- Take a big mixing bowl, add sizzling hot water to it, place the chocolate bowl into the hot water bowl to use as a double boiler. Wait for few seconds till the chocolates started to melt.
- Once the chocolate starts melting stir it by using the hand whisker or spatula till the chocolate turns into liquid. Keep it aside for later use.
Making of batter
- Take a wide mixing bowl, first put the soft butter, and start beating with the help of an electric or hand whisker.
- Once the butter gets soft, smooth, and creamy, then first add white granulated sugar & then the brown sugar, nicely beat it for a few minutes.
- After a few mins, add the eggs to the center of the bowl.
- First nicely beat the eggs, then gradually mix it with the sugar-butter mixture kept on the bowl’s side.
- Once the sugar almost melts in the eggs then add the melted chocolate and mix it nicely.
- Mix the melted dark chocolates into the batter by using the hand whisker or electric beater till the batter gets smooth.
- Add 2tsp vanilla essence into this chocolaty butter-sugar batter.
- Slowly add the flour-cocoa-salt mixture into the batter in 2-3 batches and nicely fold it with the help of a spatula, make sure lump should not exists behind.
- Once the batter is ready, pour it into the butter paper-lined cake tin and evenly spread it all over the tin with the help of the spatula.
- Then lightly tap the tin to set the batter and this method also helps to prevent making air pockets into the batter.
How to bake chocolate brownie
- Place the cake tin in the preheated oven and start baking it for 45 mins on 180-degree temp.
- After 45 mins of baking, remove the cake tin from the microwave and let it completely cool down.
- When the cake tin reaches room temperature then only remove the brownie from the cake tin. If still, the brownie is a little hot then wait till it gets completely cool down. Then cut it into slices or cubes & simply enjoy the fudgy chocolaty brownies with hot chocolate sauce or ice cream & chocolate fudge.
Important tips about fudgy chocolate brownie recipe
- As it is a fudgy brownie, so you may notice the liquid chocolates stick to the knife while cutting or slice it up. But don’t be afraid, as that doesn’t mean the cake is not properly baked. Rather it is a good sign of making the best fudge brownie.
- Don’t cut or slice the brownie when it is hot. As the chocolates are still in liquid form and will come out from the openings.
- For me, it took 45 mins to be perfectly baked. It may take less or more time actually it varies from oven to oven. However, the cracks over the brownie signal you to be done.
- while cutting into slices if the brownie got many cracks in its surface means it is perfectly soft and moist from inside.
- Even you can make it in a pressure cooker or pan by applying almost the same preheating and baking method.
- Even you may store these brownies in the refrigerator in an airtight container for at least 2 weeks. Then just before serving, make it hot in the microwave for 30-45 secs.
- One most important condition is, all of your ingredients should be at room temperature before making this recipe.