Chicken with creamy mushroom sauce recipe or creamy garlic mushroom sauce for chicken is a simple and easy recipe with chicken and mushroom where the healthy chicken breast is cooked in an easy cream-based mushroom sauce. This chicken with mushroom gravy is a perfect combination of chicken and mushroom sauce. If you have chicken breast, mushroom( I’ve used button mushroom), heavy cream and little herb in your pantry, then this healthy chicken breast with mushroom cream sauce can be quickly prepared.
In this creamy garlic mushroom sauce for chicken, I used rosemary which creates a wonderful flavour over this chicken and mushroom sauce, though if you have any special choice of herb, can go with that. Oh! I forgot chicken broth is one more must ingredient to make the gravy of this chicken with creamy mushroom sauce recipe more tastier.
This creamy mushroom chicken goes wonderfully with herb rice. And that I came to know when I first time prepared this recipe and served with my favourite herbed rice. Finally, when both were served together at our dinner table, we simply overwhelmed with its taste and since then, it has never been served without each other in my home. This chicken with creamy mushroom sauce even goes awesome with garlic bread too.
In this creamy garlic mushroom chicken, I don’t use butter, rather use olive oil and first sauté the chicken breast pieces in it, then sautéed thinly sliced mushroom and later added chopped garlic in the pan. And to make this creamy mushroom sauce, heavy cream and chicken broth took an important part, but the touch of rosemary makes it perfect.
To know this chicken breast with mushroom cream sauce in detail, please stay with me till the end, don’t forget to share your valuable feedback regarding this recipe by leaving a comment in the comment section below.
Chicken with creamy mushroom sauce recipe | creamy garlic mushroom sauce for chicken
- 1 chicken breast(cut into two pieces)
- 8-9 button mushrooms or 1 1/2 cup of thinly sliced mushroom
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- salt(as required)
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20-25 mins
Served in: 25-30 mins
Served for: 2-3 people
Course: Main course
How to make chicken with creamy mushroom sauce recipe or creamy garlic mushroom sauce for chicken step by step with pictures
- First, take a pan, place it on medium heat, add olive oil to it.
- Add chicken breast to it and sprinkle salt and pepper on its(chicken breast pieces) both sides.
- sauté the chicken breast in oil for about 6-7 minutes, when both sides get nice golden brown colour, then remove it from the pan.
- Now, take the same pan, add sliced mushroom to it and sauté till gets golden brown colour from both sides. Now sprinkle some salt and pepper to the mushroom.
- Then add 1 tsp chopped garlic to it and mix it well.
- When the aroma of roasted garlic comes out, add 1/2 cup heavy cream to it mix it nicely with the mushroom and sauté for a minute.
- Next, add chicken broth to the pan and give a good stir. And this heavy cream and chicken broth together make this creamy mushroom sauce.
- Then add 1/2 tsp rosemary and 1/2 tsp crushed pepper(as per your spice level) to this creamy mushroom sauce.
- When this creamy mushroom sauce will start to boil, add the chicken breast pieces and stir it well.
- Slow down the flame to the lowest and cover the pan with a tight lid and let cook the chicken in this creamy mushroom sauce.
- After sometime turn the chicken pieces and once again cook it from another side.
- When the chicken pieces are nicely cooked, check the pieces with a fork or knife, the consistency of chicken with creamy mushroom sauce gravy is perfect, turn off the heat.
- Serve this creamy garlic mushroom chicken with herb rice or pasta or even with garlic bread.
- You can sauté the chicken pieces in oil by covering the pan in the lowest flame of your oven. So when adding it in creamy garlic mushroom sauce that wouldn’t take much time to be cooked.
- If you can easily cut the chicken pieces with a fork or knife, that indicates chicken is properly cooked and creamy mushroom chicken is ready to serve with rice.