Chicken pizza recipe – recipe of an easy homemade chicken pizza, anybody can make at home with simple step-by-step pictures. Chicken pizza is just a type of authentic Italian flatbread topped with pizza sauce, loads of creamy mozzarella cheese, chicken (certainly cooked with herbs & spicy seasoning), onion, and green, yellow & red bell pepper. It’s a really great recipe for pizza with simple chicken toppings which you can easily prepare in your kitchen if you perfectly follow my instructions.
All of my pizzas recipes including this chicken pizza are highly inspired by dominos as I extremely love their pizzas from the beginning. A long year back when dominos was the first and only leading brand in India then I ate my first pizza from their Kolkata-based branch. Till then I’m simply a die heart fan of theirs. And when I came to Bangalore we frequently started visiting their store, especially during weekends. If I’m not wrong, most Indians have the same story as mine, in fact, some of them are like me, already made pizzas inspired by the taste of dominos, right?
As a nonvegetarian, I always prefer to order different varieties of chicken pizzas from dominos and get addicted to that. Later started making it at home for three reasons, my kid’s repeated demands, saving money, and, of course, satisfying my cravings too. Even now I can bake chicken fiesta, chicken sausage, or chicken pepperoni pizza in my oven. Even, I can also make my Indian-style chicken keema pizza, or tandoori chicken pizza too. These all are almost copycats of dominos.
Among them, it is the most simple version of my homemade chicken pizza recipes. Just saute the chicken in little oil with garlic, tomato sauce, and chili flakes dressing it with salt and herbs before adding to my pizzas. Basically boneless chicken pieces or chicken breast is best to use in this recipe as nobody loves to enjoy bones while taking a bite of their soft pizza bread.
As it is homemade and its tastes will be always up to you. So instead of using Italian herbs, you may use any kind of Indian herbs and spices for making this chicken pizza recipe. As here you may easily use tandoori masala, tikka masala, or even kabab masala flavored chicken toppings. Just like dominos and India’s other pizza chains have such Indian style chicken pizza recipes in their menu.
I’ve seen many people are asking about healthy pizza recipes. But it’s exactly not possible. As pizza is the most well-known junk food all over the world so there is no chance of being healthy in that sense. And due to its ingredients such as flour, yeast, and mozzarella cheese, pizza is not considered as good for health. But to make it healthy if someone replaces those ingredients with other healthy things, I guess, it won’t taste as authentic pizza. Though here homemade means healthy concept doesn’t work.
Can I use a ready-made pizza base for making this chicken pizza recipe?
Yes, you can do it. Especially If you are a beginner or you are in a hurry, then you may use the store-bought pizza base for making this recipe. But to make pizza like a pro with authentic taste, must use homemade dough instead of ready-made pizza bread.
How to make chicken pizza without mirowave oven?
If you’re not a microwave user then you can simply make this chicken pizza on your gas stove too. I’ve described that method in my veg pizza recipe. So you may take a look at that recipe to know how to make pizza in a pan on the stove-top.
Tips for making best homemade chicken pizza recipe
- BBQ Sauce or Tomato ketchup: Even you may use bbq sauce for making the chicken toppings instead of tomato ketchup.
- Oregano and its Indian substitute: Again I’ll say you may use roasted and powdered ajwain or carom seeds too instead of oregano. Don’t worry I’m saying it from my personal experience and until you disclosed, nobody can recognize it for sure.
- Bacon/Pepperoni: Toss bacon or pepperoni in butter, chopped garlic, pepper & chilli powder (if suits spicy), made your toppings easy.
- How to use sausage, pepperoni, or salami: Here I’ve used boneless chicken but you may use store-bought frozen sausage, pepperoni, or salami too. Though you may cook it as mine or just sauté in butter or oil with little garlic, crushed pepper, chili flakes, and herbs.
- Mushroom In Toppings? You may use mushrooms as a topping by slicing them off and tossing in butter & pepper. Or just cook it with chicken.
- Canned Sauceor or Tomato Ketchup: Canned sauce is a bit expensive for one-time use, so I never use it. However, if using, take 4 tbsp. Otherwise use tomato ketchup for a quick result as I did in my Mini Pizza Recipe.
- To make it more cheesy: Though I never worried about my calories while having pizzas, as I feel more cheese makes it yummier. So I prefer to add lots of mozzarella on my pizza about a double layer of cheese I need whether I order it out or make it at home. However, you may use half of the parmesan and half of mozzarella if you wish too.
- With this dough either you can make India’s domino’s store style 1 large size or 1 medium and 1 small size(as I did in this recipe) or 2 regular size or 3 small size pizzas.
- For making so many pizzas in house parties, you may increase all of its ingredients double or triple according to your requirements.
So let’s start with the recipe. Must try it at home and share your valuable feedback by writing it down in the comment section below.
For making this pizza, must check my authentic Italian pizza sauce recipe and vegetable pizza recipe, even you may enjoy it with other Italian recipes from my website, i.e, White sauce pasta, Red sauce pasta, Herb rice recipe, Chicken in mushroom sauce, stuffed garlic bread.
Chicken pizza recipe | easy homemade chicken pizza recipe
Prep time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Served in: 3 hrs 35 mins
Total no. of servings: 6 -8 people
Course: Dinner / appetizer
Author: Moumita Paul
For Cooking Chicken
- 350 gms without skin boneless chicken (cut into 1/2 inch)
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 3/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4-5 tbsp of water
- 3 tbsp refined oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
For making dough
- 3 cups all-purpose flour or plain maida
- 2+1/2 tsp yeast
- 1+1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 +1/2 tsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1+1/4 cup of lukewarm water
- 3/4 tsp salt
For the Toppings
- Cooked Chicken
- 3-4 tbsp of Pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese(as required)
- few slices of red, yellow and green bell pepper
- 1/4 of a medium-sized onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic(chopped)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp of chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of salt
How to make easy homemade chicken pizza recipe with step by step pictures
Making of chicken for pizza topping
- Take chicken breast, clean it properly, and then cut into small to medium cubes.
- Then take a pan, make it heat up, add 3 tbsp of oil(olive oil or refined oil or vegetable oil). Once the oil gets hot, add 2 1/2 tsp (or 2 and 1/2 tsp) chopped garlic or garlic paste to the pan. Sauté well for few seconds.
- Then add the boneless chicken pieces to the pan.
- After sautéing for 2-3 mins add 1/4 tsp salt to it. Stir it well.
- Just after 1 min of adding salt add 3 tbsp of tomato ketchup to the pan and mix it well with chicken pieces.
- Then start adding 3/4 tsp chili flakes and 1tsp of dry oregano to the pan, mix it well with the chicken, and let them cook. You may add little basil too in chicken.
- When the gravy of chicken dries off then add 1/2 cup of water to the pan and give a good stir. Let it start boiling.
- Once it starts to boil then cover the pan and slow down its flame to minimum heat.
- Cook it till the total moisture should absorb by chicken. Now the chicken topping is ready to use in pizza.
Making of pizza dough
- First, start the process by making the yeast. Take a bowl with one and a half cup of lukewarm water, first add 1 1/2 tsp( or 1 and 1/2 tsp) sugar, stir it well.
- Then add 2 1/2 tsp or two and half tsp of yeast into the water, mix it well, cover the bowl and keep it in a warm place in your house. As I keep it in my preheated oven. Keep it there for 20-25 mins to get it nicely fermented.
- In the meantime, first, sieve three cups of all purpose flour or plain flour, then keep it in a wide mouth mixing bowl, with 3/4 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of finely chopped garlic and 2 tsp of olive oil or refined oil.
- Nicely mix all the ingredients together with your finger tips. When the flour gets crumbly indicates the mixing is done.
- After 20-25 mins take out the fermented yeast and gradually mix it with the flour mix and start kneading it by using your hand or machine.
- To make a soft smooth dough knead it at least for 7-8 minutes.
- Once the kneading is done, add 1/2 tsp of oil on the top of the dough and nicely grease it to prevent it to dry.
- Wrap the bowl with cling film paper or simply make it airtight. Even you may put a tight cover on it or keep it in a air tight container. Again keep it in the same warm place of your kitchen. Leave it for 2 and 1/2 hour.
- After 2 & 1/2 hour the dough will be double or triple in size. As you can see in this picture. Now your homemade pizza dough is ready.
Making of pizza’s base
- When the dough is ready, first punch it down to bring it in the initial stage. As because of punching air will be removed from the dough.
- Then sprinkle some flour on the rolling board or kitchen table means where you will roll the dough. Then place the dough and knead it well.
- Then take your baking tray, grease the whole tray with little oil and sprinkle some flour all over the tray.
- When the tray gets a nice coating of flour then just turn the tray down to remove the excess flour. That’s the simple way of covert a baking pan to a non-stick pan and our pizzas won’t stick to the bottom of it.
- As the size of my tray was medium so here I don’t use the whole dough. I kept the left small portion of dough in the freezer by wrapping with a cling film paper and then in an airtight container. Then use the rolling pin to little roll the dough first by sprinkle some flour on the surface of the table or rolling board.
- Then place the rolled dough to the baking tray.
- Dip your fingers in flour and start to make the dough flat up to the edges of the tray by pressing down the dough with the help of your fingers. As I’ve shown in the below pic.
- Make sure the base should get the same thickness except for its edges.
- Then take a fork, apart from its edges or sides start pricking the base or center of the rolled bread. Air will pass through those small wholes or pores and due to applying this method the base can not be puffed up except its edges.
- Now the pizza base is ready to use for assembling the toppings.
How to assemble chicken pizza
- First, put 3 to 4 tbsp of pizza sauce(click here to see the recipe) on the pizza base. Then spread the sauce all over the base. As shown in the pic.
- Add then shredded mozzarella cheese on the base to fully cover it. Here I add around 250 gms of mozzarella cheese on this base. But you may add it as per your requirement or according to the size of your base.
- It’s time to add the chicken toppings and veggies on the pizza’s base. As here I’ve used a few slices of red, yellow, and green bell pepper and onion. It’s not mandatory to use the same vegetables on your pizzas. Even you may use only capsicum and onion with chicken.
- Then one by one sprinkle a little salt, 1 tsp oregano, and 1/2 tsp chilli flakes on it. Here I’ve added little chilli flakes as I’ve already added chilli flakes in chicken. But you may add more chilli flakes too as per your taste.
- After that sprinkle, 1/2 tsp chopped or grated garlic on the base.
- Lastly, finish its assembling by sprinkle olive oil or refined oil over the base.
- Lastly brush the edges with little oil as shown in the picture.
Baking of chicken pizza in the microwave
The very first condition of baking is, preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celsius on the convection mode of your oven.
- Once the micro oven is preheated then place the pizza in it. Then set the oven on the same 250-degree temperature of convection mode with setting the time for 18 mins.
- After 18 mins of baking, chicken pizza will be ready, cut it in slice or pie and enjoy it hot in dinner or as an appetizer.
- For making the pizza on the gas oven click here to see my veg pizza recipe where I describe the process in detail.
2 thoughts on “Chicken pizza recipe | easy homemade chicken pizza recipe”
Thank you so much didi