Chicken clear soup is an easy-to-make healthy clear chicken soup recipe. Made with boneless chicken and vegetables is cooked in a clear chicken broth. Best liquid diet for kids and adults who have a cold or fever due to its high nutritional value.
To make chicken clear soup except for chicken and vegetables we need ginger, garlic and onion. Though this soup can be made with or without vegetables, so veggies are not mandatory for this chicken soup. However, vegetables are not only healthy but also add high nutrition to the soup.
Chicken clear soup is one of the best chicken soup recipes for 6 reasons. 1. Chicken is a good source of protein 2. Vegetables, packed with lots of vitamins and nutrition 3. No oil is used in this chicken soup not even a single drop so too healthy 4. Except for pepper and green chilli, neither any spices nor any sauce are used in this chicken soup 5. Even starch is not used so clear soup is totally gluten-free too. 6. This chicken soup is healthy yet mouth-watering. Even its clear texture makes this soup completely different from other chicken soup recipes.
Generally, when I lose my appetite or don’t feel well, I love to choose chicken clear soup at dinner to get my appetite back. Even I make this chicken soup to energize myself after a day-long work, to soothe the throat while having a cold and cough or just want to have a low carb diet.
Chicken clear soup is best accompanied by bread toast or momos. However, you may have chicken soup by adding boiled noodles to make it a healthy one-pot meal. Even when my kid was so young I often prepared this clear soup to feed him by mixing it up with mashed rice.
So if you are searching for a simply delicious, easy to make, healthy chicken soup recipe then this clear soup is the right choice. Not only relish chicken clear soup on a chilling winter night but also can enjoy it after a day-long heavy rain.
Healthy Chicken clear soup recipe
Chicken clear soup is a healthy yet simply delicious chicken soup recipe made with chicken and assorted vegetables cooked in their own clear broth.
- 250 gms chicken breast/boneless pieces
- 1 onion
- 2 spring onion bulbs(optional)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 green chilli
- A small carrot
- 6-8 beans
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 3 1/2 cups of water
- a handful of chopped spring onion
- salt(as per taste)
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Served for: 3-4 people
Course: Main course
Author: Moumita Paul
How to make chicken clear soup with step by step pictures
- Take 250 gms chicken breast or boneless chicken pieces, clean it up, and wash it thoroughly.
- Peel out ginger, garlic, onion, and spring onion bulbs.
- Cut the onion in halves, and ginger into slices, little crush the garlic and onion bulbs.
- Finely slice a green chilli.
- Take a pressure cooker, add chicken, onion, ginger, garlic, spring onion bulbs, and green chilli in the cooker.
- Add 2 and 1/4 cups of water and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Keep the pressure cooker on high flame and allow it to make 3-4 whistles.
- Then turn off the heat but don’t remove the pressure until it releases automatically.
- In the meantime, grate the carrot and finely chop the beans and keep it aside.
- When the cooker releases its pressure, strain out the chicken and separate its broth.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Take the broth in a pan and add 1 cup of water.
- Then add grated carrots and beans into the broth and heat up the broth on medium flame by covering the pan with a lid.
- Once the veggies start boiling, a huge froth will appear on its top, remove it gently with a spoon.
- Once the veggies are boiled then add the chicken pieces to the broth.
- Add half a teaspoon of salt, 3/4 tsp of pepper(as per taste), and again 1/4 cup of water.
- Let the broth boil for 4-5 mins more.
- Chicken clear soup is ready, serve it hot with a sprinkle of spring onion.
- Use salt and pepper as per your taste. I used white pepper for perfection but you may use black pepper too.
- You may add a little more water as per your requirement.
- You may increase the quantity of all ingredients proportionately to make more portions of it.
- Though you may store it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, however, I prefer to serve it fresh.
Frequently asked question
How can I boil the vegetables with chicken in the pressure cooker?
For boiling chicken with the vegetables in the pressure cooker, you need to cut the vegetables into big pieces instead of chopping. Otherwise, after boiling, it would be difficult to separate the veggies from the broth.
How to make chicken clear soup in a pan?
First, boil the chicken in a pan with ginger, garlic, onion and 2 and 1/4 cups of water same as I did in this recipe. Cover the pan with a tight lid. When the chicken is cooked then separate the broth and cook the vegetables in it as just I describe in the last part of this recipe.
How can I use mushrooms in this recipe?
You also can add mushrooms to this recipe. However, then you need to sauté the mushrooms in a little oil until their raw smell goes off. Otherwise, its raw flavour may overpower the soup and spoil the taste.
Can I use coriander leaves instead of spring onion?
Yes, you can do it if you love the flavour of coriander, but do not use it too much as that may also spoil the original flavour and taste of this dish.
Can I use corn in this soup?
Yes, you can, just use boiled sweet corn kernels or boiled baby corn.
Can I use chicken with bone?
Yes, you may use chicken with bone pieces too. Then you need to separate the bones after boiling. Though chicken breast or boneless chicken pieces are mostly used in soups. However, soups pieces actually mean those leftover meat adjacents to bones after separating the boneless meat.