Healthy and delicious chicken clear soup recipe with step by step pics. Chicken clear soup is easy to make, gluten-free, no-carb added soup comforting for chilled winter days or a weight loss diet.
This chicken clear soup is made of chicken and vegetables cooked in their own broth flavoured with ginger, garlic and onion. Though this soup can be made with or without vegetables so veggies are not mandatory for this recipe. However, vegetables are not only healthy but also make them flavourful too.
The chicken clear soup is one of the best soup recipes for 6 reasons. 1. chicken, a good source of protein 2. vegetables, packed with lots of vitamins 3. no oil is used not even a single drop 4. except pepper and green chilli, neither any spices nor any sauce used in this recipe 5. even starch is not used so it is totally gluten-free too. 6. healthy yet mouth-watering. Even its clear texture makes it completely different from other soups.
Generally, when I lose my appetite or don’t feel well, I love to choose soup at dinner to get my appetite back. Even I make it to energy myself after a day-long work, to soothe the throat while having a cold and cough or just want to have a low carb diet.
This chicken soup is best accompanied by bread toast or momos. However, you may have it by adding boiled noodles to make it a healthy one-pot meal. Even when my kid was so young I often prepare this clear soup to feed him by mixing it up with mashed rice.
So if you are searching for a simply delicious, easy to make, healthy chicken soup recipe then you are in the right place. This chicken clear soup is perfect to relish on a chilling winter night or after a day-long heavy rain.
Healthy and delicious chicken clear soup recipe
Chicken clear soup is a healthy yet simply delicious recipe made with chicken and assorted vegetables cooked in their own flavourful broth.
- 250 gms chicken breast/boneless pieces
- 1 onion
- 2 spring onion bulbs(optional)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 green chilli
- A small carrot
- 6-8 beans
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 3 1/2 cups of water
- a handful of chopped spring onion
- salt(as per taste)
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Served for: 3-4 people
Course: Main course
Author: Moumita Paul
How to make chicken clear soup with step by step pictures
- Take 250 gms chicken breast or boneless chicken pieces, clean it up and wash it thoroughly.
- Peel out ginger, garlic, onion and spring onion bulbs. Cut the onion in halves, ginger in slices, little crush the garlic and onion bulbs. Finely slice a green chilli.
- Take a pressure cooker, add chicken, onion, ginger, garlic, spring onion bulbs and green chilli in it with 2 and 1/4 cups of water. Add 1/2 a tsp salt to it.
- Keep the pressure cooker in high flame and allow it to make 3-4 whistles. Turn off the heat but don’t remove the pressure until it releases automatically.
- In the meantime, grate the carrot and finely chopped the beans and keep it aside.
- When the cooker releases its pressure, strain out the chicken and separate its broth. Cut the chicken into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Take the broth in a pan and add 1 cup of water. Then add grated carrot and beans in it and heat up the pan on medium flame by covering it with a lid. Once the veggies started boiling, a huge froth will appear on its top, remove it gently.
- Once the veggies are cooked then add the chicken pieces to it. Add half a teaspoon of salt, 3/4 tsp of pepper(as per taste) and 1/4 cup of water. Let it boil for 4-5 mins more.
- Chicken clear soup is ready, serve it hot with a sprinkle of spring onion.
- Use salt and pepper as per your taste. I used white pepper for perfection but you may use black pepper too.
- You may add a little more water as per your requirement.
- You may increase the quantity of all ingredients proportionately for making its more portions.
- Though you may store it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, however, I prefer to serve it fresh.
Frequently asked question
How can I boil the vegetables with chicken in the pressure cooker?
For boiling it together in the pressure cooker, you need to cut the vegetables into big pieces instead of chopping. Otherwise, after boiling, it would be difficult to separate the veggies.
How to make this recipe in a pan?
First, boil the chicken in a pan with ginger, garlic, onion and 2 and 1/4 cups of water same as I did in this recipe. Cover the pan with a tight lid. When the chicken is cooked then separate the broth and cook the vegetables in it as just I describe in the last part of this recipe.
How can I use mushrooms in this recipe?
You also can add mushrooms to this recipe. However, then you need to sauté the mushrooms in a little oil until their raw smell goes off. Otherwise, its raw flavour may overpower the soup and spoil the taste.
Can I use coriander leaves instead of spring onion?
Yes, you can do it if you love the flavour of coriander, but do not use it too much as that may also spoil the original flavour and taste of this dish.
Can I use corn in this soup?
Yes, you can, just use boiled sweet corn kernels or boiled baby corn.
Can I use chicken with bone?
Yes, you may use chicken with bone pieces too. Then you need to separate the bones after boiling. Though chicken breast or boneless chicken pieces are mostly used in soups. However, soups pieces actually mean those leftover meat adjacents to bones after separating the boneless meat.