Chicken burger recipe – Learn how to make these simple homemade burgers for kids, with step by step detailed pictures.
The purpose of making this burger is my kid as he is a huge fan of burgers mostly McDonalds chicken burger is his first choice. Though my homemade burgers are partially influenced by mcdonalds however tastewise it’s quite different and that is just because of my chicken patties.
Although burger means breadcrumbs coated nice and crispy fried patties sandwiched between a sliced burger bun with a special sauce, cheese slice, and fresh salads. However, I personally believe that the taste of the patties can easily change the taste of the burgers. As here my delicious homemade chicken patties make the difference and enhance the taste of the burgers to another level. Nowadays My kid and husband both are always ready to have a homemade treat with this chicken burger even say it is the best burgers in town.
As per the history of burgers, it came from Germany and the USA where mostly chicken, ham, or beef is the main ingredient of their patties. My today’s version is one of the most popular among those burger recipes. Though my style is a little different for making the patties with ground chicken meat and few flavourful Indian spices.
Though store-bought burger buns are used in this simple homemade chicken burger recipe, however, these burgers are totally healthy as its made for kids. Even this chicken burger recipe is so simple and easy to make homemade treats for kids. Because the patties and sauce are prepared in my kitchen in a healthy and hygienic way. My kid’s love of junk food drives me to do burgers at home accompanied by homemade french fries to fits best with this fancy bread. Even this chicken patty stuffed bun is a special attraction for kids at dinner time meal or even all house parties.
I hope kids’ moms also love making this chicken burger, so to make it easy I described this recipe with step-by-step pictures. As the taste of burgers depends on its patties so to make it more tasty I prepare this homemade chicken patties in my way neither copied McDonalds nor KFC.
Only I did one thing to make my patties more flavourful and exotic by mixing a few Indian spices with Chinese sauce in my ground boneless meat. That creates a unique taste in my chicken patties which my husband and kid love most. Though it sounds different, you don’t worry this burger is fully tried and tested before sharing in my blog post.
As I didn’t make this burger bun so today I can only talk about its patties which I made. Believe me, your perception will be changed if you ever taste these burgers’ patties. That soft succulent flavourful meat will just burst in your mouth with every single bite of these patties. Though to get more quickest results I sometimes use ready-made salami or patties too. But that does not taste great like my homemade patties. Actually, for making these burgers patties I partially borrowed the idea from my chicken cutlets recipe. As those Indian flavored cutlets were really awesome in taste so I used almost the same trick in this patty making process.
Though a coating of breadcrumbs is my own choice to feel the crunch with every bite of my burgers. Even you can simply fry the Patties without it and that is up to you. Or even instead of the frying grill it or bake it by greasing oil on both sides of these patties or just make it in air frier if you’re worried about calories. However, firstly it’s homemade, and secondly, if you don’t it regularly it won’t affect much on your health for sure.
Though I’m describing this burger is so tasty just because it’s my own recipe but to discover its real taste must try it at home. And later do not forget to share your valuable feedback about this recipe in the comment section below.
Tips for making best chicken burger recipe
- Instead of using ground meat, chicken mince will also give the same result.
- Must chop the chicken pieces before putting it into a grinder or food processor to get a smooth lump-free paste of meat.
- Don’t mix the onion in the blender otherwise, it releases water in the meat.
- Though powdered garam masala( ground green cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon) is a must for making these patties as it’s an Indian style recipe. But if you’re staying out of India or never ever use garam masala then you are free to use your most favorite spices or herbs in it.
- Even you can see here I’ve used plain flour as a binding agent but if it doesn’t suit your health replace it with chickpea flour(besan) too.
- Though this recipe seems so spicy but actually it’s not. Then also to avoid the chilies especially for toddlers instead of red chili powder you can also use mild sweet paprika.
- Must wash the veggies and lettuce for 3-4 times then soak it in water mixed up with 1/4 tsp of baking soda for at least 10 mins. As we are using these raw veggies in this recipe and this method will help to kill germs. Not only in this pandemic situation even do it always before using it in your burger and make it in a healthy way.
Chicken burger recipe – a simple homemade burger for kids
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Served in: 25 mins
Served for: 4 people
Course: Lunch/ Dinner
Author: Moumita Paul
Ingredients of chicken burger
1 cup=250 ml
- 4 burger buns
- 4 chicken patties
- 8 tsp butter
- 5 tbsp burger sauce
- 4 cheese slices
- lettuce leaves
- few tomato slices
- few slices of onion
To prepare chicken burger patties
- 500 gms boneless chicken
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp butter(melted)
- 1/2 onion (medium size)
- 1 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 lemon juice
- a half egg
- 5 tbsp all-purpose flour/ maida
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup oil for frying
For breadcrumbs coating
- 125 gms breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
For making burger sauce
- 4 tbsp Mayonaise
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp red chili sauce
How to make chicken burger recipe
Preparation for chicken patties
- First, take 500 gms skinless and boneless chicken. Use chicken breast piece or may collect the meat from the chicken thigh too. Both are so juicy and tender at the same time. Even direct you may use store-bought or homemade chicken mince too.
- Then wash the meat thoroughly for 3-4 times and squeeze the pieces to remove excess water from it. Then keep it in the blender jar.
- Before putting in the blender, cut the chicken pieces into small cubes for the convenience of easy blending.
- Put it into your blender jar with ginger-garlic paste, green chilies, and garam masala powder.
- Then add salt, dark soy sauce, red chili powder, black pepper powder one by one.
- Lastly ground the meat with all these above mentioned spices. I ground it together. Though that takes little more time for stirring the meat throughout the whole process to get a smooth paste. Even you may ground it in batches if that is more convenient to you.
- Once the meat is perfectly ground, then first take out the meat in a mixing bowl and add 1/2 lemon juice to it. Then add 4 tbsp of finely chopped onion to nicely mix it with the chicken.
- Add 2 tsp melted butter and a half egg(after beaten it well), to keep the meat moist and flavourful after cooking the patties too.
- Then add 5 tbsp of all purpose flour or maida to the meat as a binding agent. Mix it well. Add 1or 2 tbsp more flour if feels the patties are too soft to hold its shape.
- Grease your palm with little oil and start to form the same size balls with that ground meat. As I made eight same size balls from it.
- Then make the balls flat with 1/2 inch thickness by keeping a perfect round shape. As shown in the below pic.
- Once all the patties are done, keep it aside to finish it up with bread crumbs coating. But if you do not like the breadcrumbs coating then direct keep these patties in the freezer for 10 mins before frying. It will help to set the patties perfectly and won’t break into the oil.
- Then take a deep bowl with 2 eggs and 1/4 tsp of salt. Beat it well together. Even you may use only 1 egg with the rest half egg.
- Take the breadcrumbs in a plate with 1/4 tsp of salt. Mix it well together.
- Then take a raw chicken patty, first dip into the beaten eggs, and then into the breadcrumbs to coat it well.
- Nicely roll the patty in the bread crumb for making it ready with a perfectly round shape. As shown in the picture.
- Following the same method finish the rolling of all the raw patties in breadcrumbs. Then keep it in the freezer for 10-15 mins. That process will help to make the patties more crunchy.
How to fry burger patties
- After 15 mins, place a frying pan on low flame, make it hot first. Then add 1/2 cup of oil(125 ml vegetable oil or refined oil) to the pan for shallow frying the patties. Let it heat up first.
- Then take out the patties from the freezer and slowly put it to the pan one by one. But pan should not be crowded add the patties as per the size of your pan. Otherwise there is a big chance to patties get broken while turn it down during frying.
- First, 3 minutes fry the patties on low flame then turn it over and again fry its another side for 3 mins. Then raise the flame to medium and fry it till the patties get golden brown in color and crispy from both sides. As shown in the pic. Remove it from the pan once it gets ready. Through this procedure, the chicken will be properly cooked. Otherwise, patty’s coating quickly turns into golden brown color and the chicken will remain uncooked from inside.
- Here I’ve prepared 8 chicken patties from the quantity is described above. I’ve only used four out of it and stored the rest of four in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Which you can easily store it for one week.
Making of burger sauce
- When the patties are in the freezer, let’s make its sauce.
- First, take a small mixing bowl with 4 tbsp of mayonnaise and 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup. Then add 1 tsp of red chili sauce in the bowl.
- Take a spoon and nicely mix it up together and homemade burger sauce is ready.
How to make chicken burger
- First, take the bun, make its slice, or use sliced bun as I used in my recipe.
- While frying the patties then take a skillet or tawa, and place it on another stovetop. Let it get hot, add 4 tsp butter to it, and spread it all over the skillet.
- Place the lower half portion of the bun on the butter and cook it for a while until it starts changing its color.
- Flip it up and cook it till the other side little changed its texture. Then remove it from the pan.
- Again add 4 tsp of butter in the pan and add the upper half portion of the bun with its inner sides. When it starts to change its original color then remove it from the pan. As I don’t cook that upper portion of the bun( spread with sesame seeds). But you may do it too only for a few seconds.
- Take the lower part of the bun, add 1 tbsp burger sauce in its inner part, nicely spread the sauce all over it.
- Then place some fresh leaves of lettuce, a slice of onion and few tomato slices on the top of the bun one by one. Must see the tips section above to know how to clean the lettuce and salads to make it germ-free before using.
- Add cheese slices on each burger bun and place the hot patties on the top of the cheese. That will easily melt the cheese.
- Take the upper part of the bun, spread one teaspoon of burger sauce in its inner side. As shown in the pic. Lastly, place the sliced bun on the patty.
- Along with this, finish the assembling of these burgers. Now serve this homemade chicken burger straight or place it in the oven for a few seconds before serving it. Serve it hot with tomato ketchup and french fries.