cherry cupcakes recipe with step by step pictures. Icing or without icing cupcakes are always delicious in taste and this cherry cupcakes are a new addition to my kitchen. As my son loves cupcakes, for a long time he was asking for cherry cupcakes and finally today I prepare these cupcakes to give him a big surprise. when he takes the first bite, has shown me a thumbs up(means it delicious and he loves it). And I am so glad today that these cherry cupcakes make him so happy and it motivates me so much that I decided to share this recipe with all of you.
my son loves cupcakes with frosting so here I have described these cherry cupcakes with frosting but if you prefer to have it without frosting don’t worry go with it. Generally, cupcakes look attractive with frosting and kids love it, so you can easily make it in the home to use it as your kid’s tiffin.
In this cherry cupcakes recipe, I have used fresh cherries from the market, but these cherries were too sour in taste. So, in the making of cherry puree and cherry syrup, I have used a lot more sugar.
Though I have described below the sugar quantity used in this cherry cupcakes recipe, I think adding sugar depends on the sourness of cherries and of course, on your sugar consumption. Or else you can use store bought canned cherries where the cherries already soaked in the sugar syrup. So while making the cherry puree and cherry syrup with store bought canned cherries usage of sugar amount totally depends on your choice.
Here, the key ingredient is obviously cherry, other than cherries two more interesting addition is almond and orange zest in this cherry cupcakes recipe. And the rest of the other ingredients are the same as the other cupcake recipes.
I described this cherry cupcakes recipe step by step, just follow my instructions below and prepare a delicious tiffin for kids or an awesome dessert for you and your family.
Cherry cupcakes | cherry cupcakes recipe with almond
For making cupcakes
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered almonds
- 100 gms unsalted butter(at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs(at room temperature)
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup cherry puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
For making frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup icing sugar(as sugar is already used in cherry syrup)
- 3-4 tbsp cherry syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
Bake time: 20-22 mins
Total time: 50-52 mins
No. of cupcakes served: 12
how to make cherry puree from fresh cherries:
Fresh cherries= 150 gms, sugar= 1/3 cup , water =1/2 cup
- remove the stems and wash the cherries properly.
- pit(remove the seeds) the cherries and chopped it roughly.
- add the chopped cherries in the pan with sugar.
- place the pan on a low flame.
- when sugar completely melts down and cherry gets soften, take a masher and mash all the chopped cherries.
- now add water in it and bring it to boil.
- when the cherry sugar mix will get a little thick consistency, turn off the heat. cool it down.
- pour the mix into a small blender jar and blend it nicely.
- take a strainer, strain the mix through it and remove all unwanted things to get a smooth cherry puree.
- You can store the removed portion for the later use.
How to make cherry syrup for cherry cupcakes:
- have to apply the same method as the making of cherry puree till the cherries get soften and come to mashing point.
- mash it nicely in the pan.
- let it boil for 1-2 mins till the cheery color and flavor completely combined with the sugar syrup.
- then turn off the heat and let it completely cool down( but don’t need to blend it).
- strain it through a strainer to get the nice cherry syrup.
How to make cherry cupcakes:
- preheat the oven on 180-degree Celsius temperature.
- line your cupcakes tray with cupcakes liner. Keep it aside.
- Sieve the all purpose flour and ground the almonds to make it in powdered form.
- mix the flour and powdered almond together and sieve it once again as any lump is not required for this recipe.
- then add baking powder, baking soda, and salt in the almond- flour mix.
- take a deep bottom bowl, add butter in it and whip it with your electric bitter on medium speed and beat it nicely to make it creamy.
- add the powdered sugar in 2-3 batches and beat it till gets the creamy texture.
- add eggs one by one and beat it until it gets the fluffiness.
- now add the almond- flour mix (with baking powder, baking soda, and salt) in 4-5 batches. and beat it nicely for 30 secs after adding each batch.
- add the whole milk(kept at room temperature) in it.
- beat it nicely for about 2-3 mins.
- now add cherry puree with orange zest and mix it nicely. Beat it for 2 more mins to get a nice mix.
- lastly, add vanilla extract to it. Beat it for 1 mins.
- cherry cupcakes batter is ready. Now pour each scoop of batter in each lined cupcakes paper or cupcakes liner which is already placed in your cupcake tray.
- bake for 20- 22 mins or till it gets springy on the top while it is lightly touched from the top.
- keep it on a rack for completely cool it down.
How to make frosting of cherry cupcakes:
- take a deep bottom bowl, now place the butter in it.
- use the electric beater for 8-10 mins in medium speed to get it soft and fluffy.
- now add icing sugar in 4-5 batches, after adding of each batch mix it for 30 secs.
- when the sugar totally combined with the buttercream. then add vanilla extract and salt to it and combined well.
- add cherry syrup in the mix and first fold it nicely with a spatula. Then whip it for 5 mins on the high speed of your beater.
- your soft, creamy and fluffy buttercream is ready for frosting.
- now take a piping bag with the nozzle of your choice and put the buttercream in it and frost your cupcakes. you can put a cherry on the top of the frosting.
- If you get cherry syrup little thick then can apply little water to it after mashing the soft cherries and then boil it.
- For making cherry puree straining is optional.
- you can make the cherry puree and cherry syrup earlier and refrigerate it for 3-4 weeks. And can use it while making cupcakes.
- the frosting of the cupcakes is optional, do it if desired.
- while using canned cherries, remember that is already soaked in sugar syrup add sugar if required in making of cherry puree or cherry syrup.